cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G signal but no connection

Fhaf
Joining in

Hi 

I’m assuming I’m not the only one with this issue. 

My data and service working absolutely fine for past 4/5 years. 

But since the new year, I don’t get a 4G connection from my home address, it shows full bars and a 4G signal but no connection/network.

as soon as I leave my area/street it works again! to use data at home I have to choose 3G from mobile data options and Itl work at a very slow pace which obviously isn’t ideal. 

anyone with the same issue and a resolution? 
I assume it’s to do with the vodaphone migration?

44 REPLIES 44

You're welcome Fhaf, I can't give a timescale but I will chase this for you and update you as soon as I get some more details.

Rob

No worries rob

is there a contact I can ring to resolve myself or are they not reachable via phone 

I am looking to raise this internally, the problem is that these kinds of issues are difficult to diagnose due to the level of information available to the teams from the network. This means if you were to call you would get the same answer as you have done over the last few weeks.

I am trying to find a contact who is able to liaise with Vodafone directly to get an update. Not ideal but I will do my best.

Rob

No problems rob thank you for your efforts

You're welcome Fhaf, always happy to help as much as possible. Have a great weekend and hopefully speak soon with an update.

Rob

Hi Robert it’s been a week so thought I’d message here and ask if there’s any update? Thanks 

Nic10
Joining in

Hi, I’ve had this same issue since Feb 2021 and there is literally nothing they can/will do about it. It all started when I upgraded my sim only contract and they sent me a new sim. I’ve had multiple SIM cards trying to sort the issue, been through all the troubleshooting steps and it never worked, I have to use it on 3G. It will work in some areas of the town I live in but not all, including home. I was told it was to do with the changing of masts and that was it. As I’d just started a new sim only contract with them they gave me the option to cancel if I wanted or give me a credit. Every so often I try the trouble shooting steps and it still does work, or it will work for a minute then stops again. I’m surprised they haven’t sorted this issue nearly 18 months on. 

Hi. 
so I was told if it was my phone, which I said it can’t be as it only happens in certain areas. They sent me a new sim which obviously didn’t work.

I kept telling them it’s the mast’s, they wouldn’t believe me.

then finally they admitted it was the masts and said it was nothing they could do as it was a Vodafone mast. This went on for months with zero help to be told at the end “nothing we can do”

luckily my contract was coming to and end so I left and joined EE, so much better 

an absolute shambles of a company and one I will never go back to

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Absolutely nothing Virgin can do about the masts, that's down to Vodafone and with Virgin dumping Vodafone in the next few months I can't see them doing anything. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hey @Nic10, thank you for the post and welcome to the Virgin Media forum!

So sorry to hear you've had all these issues with the SIM for such a long time as well, definitely not the service we wish to provide.
I'm going to send you a private message - watch out for the purple envelope 🙂

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs