Menu
pipitpony
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

4G issues - new contract and sim

Recently swapped from EE to Virgin. Whilst EE had some issues I find that I just are not getting 4g with Virgin. I've tried contacting the text service and keep having to jump through the same hoops. I'm quite fed up with this now.

If I cancel (it's less than 14 days since I took the sim only contract) how does that work, since I have made a few calls etc.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: 4G issues - new contract and sim

Hi Pipitpony, 

Really sorry to hear that you've not had a 4G connection since joining us, I can appreciate you're keen to know why. 

So does this happen in all locations? 

Is 4G switched on via your handsets in the settings?

Are you on a 4G tariff with us?

If you could reply with that information to the personal message I'm going to send we'll take it from there Smiley Happy 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
pipitpony
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks but I have had to use my 14 day cooling off and move to another provider. I spent 7 hours on text messaging with somebody, going around in circles, over and over the same things.
So disappointed as this has now left me on PAYG whilst my number gets ported and, unless I pay to top up which I am unwilling to do as it swaps on Monday, I have no access to a couple of messages received on my voicemail yesterday.
I should have been given the chance to get a new provider within the 14 days before being unceremoniously dumped off my contract!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I do apologise. 

If you cancel within the 14 day cooling off period this is done with immediate affect to prevent any further charges. 

We do appreciate the feedback though and I hope all goes well with your new provider. 

Thanks. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
pipitpony
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It would have been useful to be told that at the time, otherwise I could have delayed cancelling for a few days. As there was limited service, I clearly could not have overused the phone and could then at least have picked up messages!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

We fully appreciate that and it will be passed on to ensure it's clearer in the future. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
pipitpony
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have to say that I have been totally underwhelmed by the service from Virgin Mobile in this instance and this would prevent me wanting to return to them in the future. It is so disappointing as the deal I opted for was very appealing.
0 Kudos