cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G internet

Izzo
Joining in

I’ve not been able to connect to mobile data all day (Manchester UK) is anyone near having the same issue?

47 REPLIES 47

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Izzo & Fhaf, 

I am going to send you both a private message so that I can confirm some details with you. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Oberto
Joining in

Hi All,

4 months later and Virgin mobile data service in Middleton is no better.

Are there any updates on the supposed "local fault"?

Welcome to the the community @Oberto and thanks for taking the time to post.

Have you spoken to the team at all about this since the fault was discovered?

Regards,

Steven_L

Oberto
Joining in

Hi Steven,

I'll admit that I have not.

Thankfully I live just outside of the problem area so it's not a huge issue for me, it's more of an irritating minor inconvenience at the weekend when I venture into the town centre. 

I was merely curious as to whether the previously mentioned fault had actually been fixed, because I personally have seen no change in the performance in the area.

Thanks for coming back to us @Oberto, I have looked into this and cannot see any further updates to the issues at the moment.

I will see if I can find any further information and get back to you. 

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi. No further updates really. I have had at least 3 telephone conversations about this since January, as well as this thread and the current “fix” has been to send me a second new SIM card (despite me telling them that it is a problem exclusively to the Middleton area, and that I know of at least 2 other people having the same issue) and I am having another phone call tomorrow 

Oberto
Joining in

It's definitely a location issue. I'm frequently on a Whatsapp call when I head into Middleton town centre and I can pretty much pinpoint the location where the call will fail.

I don't have issues anywhere else in the Manchester area, and as I think you mentioned earlier in the thread my phone shows that I have a 4G signal, but it just refuses to connect to anything at all.

Wish you luck with the call tomorrow, but by the looks of things I can't imagine you'll have much joy!

So the new SIM card came and I have put it in my phone, but the issue is still there. Also, no one phoned despite assurances that they would.

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Izzo wrote:

So the new SIM card came and I have put it in my phone, but the issue is still there. Also, no one phoned despite assurances that they would.

I've been on here 9 years and I have never heard of Virgin phoning anybody (with the exception of sales) 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi there @Izzo 

Thank you popping back to us, I have checked in with my colleagues and unfortunately we cannot find any issues that could be causing this, so we cannot offer a fix for you. 

We are so sorry again for the inconvenience. 

Thank you