cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G internet

Izzo
Joining in

I’ve not been able to connect to mobile data all day (Manchester UK) is anyone near having the same issue?

47 REPLIES 47

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Izzo,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post, and I'm sorry to hear that you're having some services issues in regards to your Mobile data at the moment. 

Have you been able to take a look at our Mobile Help page to see if this can help with your data query? Have you been able to reboot your mobile device to see if this will help with your connection?

Please let us know how you get on and if you need any further assistance going further.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi

i have reset the internet settings as suggested in the article but this did not help. I have also updated the software and rebooted the device. Still not working. I still have plenty of data left on my plan, and sms/calls are working fine. 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Izzo,

Thank you for coming back to me about this and advising about what checks you've completed. 

Are you able to use 3G at all?

I was able to look into this issue further for you, and I can see that there has been a fault with the mast in your area. However, this issue was recently resolved, so your services should be back up and running soon.

Please reboot your device and turn your mobile data off and on again to see if this has helped.

Let us know how you get on.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi, I have done this and it still does not work. This is definitely a problem in the local area, however, as I have been elsewhere this evening and my connection was fine. 

Sorry, and yes 3G appears to be working. 

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to us @Izzo

How are things looking since your post? have your services improved? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

No, they have not. I am still unable to access 4g 

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to me. 

If you are out and about today please can you check to see if 4g works, If not then we might need to send you a new sim. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

It doesn’t work in the local area. My wife and daughter (also on Virgin) are also having the same issue and so I doubt that a new sim would correct the issue.