Menu
nick_london
Fibre optic
Message 21 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Re: 4G in Maidstone not working during the day

@japitts wrote:

Fair enough, I was just curious as there's many posts in this thread alluding to it being an VM-MVNO issue, and I'd be interested if other MVNOs on EE are also affected.

Well there are or were similar posts on Plusnet, they use EE. I never had problems with BT Mobile and that too runs on EE but all 3 companies are owned by BT. Plus I’m sure there is 4G voice on BT Mobile.

0 Kudos
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 22 of 32
Flag for a moderator

@nick_london wrote:

@japitts wrote:

Fair enough, I was just curious as there's many posts in this thread alluding to it being an VM-MVNO issue, and I'd be interested if other MVNOs on EE are also affected.

Well there are or were similar posts on Plusnet, they use EE. I never had problems with BT Mobile and that too runs on EE but all 3 companies are owned by BT. Plus I’m sure there is 4G voice on BT Mobile.

Now you mention it, you could be right. And yes, PlusNet is BT's budget brand so is on pretty much the same level as VM. BT Mobile is more of a full-service brand and does indeed have VoLTE & VoWiFi.

0 Kudos
nick_london
Fibre optic
Message 23 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Since Virgin Mobile are unable to help any further I’ve decided to leave for Vodafone. 

Virgin Mobile’s advice was basically to continue switching phone to 3G when 4G doesn’t work and the advisor on online chat confirmed that himself has been experiencing the same issue.

When I do switch to Vodafone it will be on pay as you go to test out the service because I don’t want to commit to any contract if things go wrong like my experience with Virgin Mobile.

0 Kudos
toasty772
Dialled in
Message 24 of 32
Flag for a moderator

I moved to them recently from VM - the difference is astonishing, especially in busy areas.

0 Kudos
nick_london
Fibre optic
Message 25 of 32
Flag for a moderator

I have since sent an email of complaint to the CEO’s office about the service I’ve been receiving and for making it difficult to switch networks. They wouldn’t give me a pac code right away because apparently my account is blacklisted, I can make and receive calls as normal and my account is not in any debt. Which is quite odd!

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 26 of 32
Flag for a moderator

You are the second person on this forum to be told that they can't have their PAC because the account is Blacklisted.

I've been around on here for a few years and it is a new one on me. Seems to be the latest delaying tactic and one I suspect is against OFCOM rules and regulations.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

teabag
Superstar
Message 27 of 32
Flag for a moderator

@enlli wrote:

You are the second person on this forum to be told that they can't have their PAC because the account is Blacklisted.

I've been around on here for a few years and it is a new one on me. Seems to be the latest delaying tactic and one I suspect is against OFCOM rules and regulations.

Agree with you there, would be nice to know what Virgin mean by/what is "blacklisted"?.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 28 of 32
Flag for a moderator

@toasty772 wrote:

I moved to them recently from VM - the difference is astonishing, especially in busy areas.

Nothing less than I'd expect to be honest. Comparing Vodafone with EE would make for the interesting test.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 29 of 32
Flag for a moderator

@teabag wrote:

@enlli wrote:

Agree with you there, would be nice to know what Virgin mean by/what is "blacklisted"?.

Here is the other thread - flag on the account for some reason https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/Account-blacklisted-unable-to-get-a-PAC-code/td-p...

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
teabag
Superstar
Message 30 of 32
Flag for a moderator

@enlli wrote:

@teabag wrote:

@enlli wrote:

Here is the other thread - flag on the account for some reason https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/Account-blacklisted-unable-to-get-a-PAC-code/td-p...

Yeah thanks, so putting a flag on a account over rules the two hour PAC request law, very interesting 🥴

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos