Menu
EYESEA71
Tuning in
Message 51 of 117
Flag for a moderator

Re: 4G in London

As this thread was started two weeks ago why has it taken so long to listen? I'm in my cooling off period and to be honest not willing to sit here fingers crossed hoping it will be fixed in another two weeks. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 52 of 117
Flag for a moderator

We appreciate that this is frustrating EYESEA71

We are doing everything we can with this issue.

Any examples passed to us will be a great help. 

David_Pn
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
toasty772
Dialled in
Message 53 of 117
Flag for a moderator

Some more speed test results from today.

First one was on the outskirts of London (E4) a fairly quiet area
Second was by Oxford Circus station, very busy
Third was at Walthamstow Central, fairly busy

In all instances, my phone was showng 4G and full bars of signal - quite a diffeence in speed.IMG_20190125_172137.jpg

0 Kudos
EYESEA71
Tuning in
Message 54 of 117
Flag for a moderator

Laughable  I walked to the other end of the office and the speeds were totally different..

0 Kudos
EYESEA71
Tuning in
Message 55 of 117
Flag for a moderator

No further updates then?

0 Kudos
Coldashbin
Tuning in
Message 56 of 117
Flag for a moderator

After continually reporting the slow data issue where I work in EC2N since November and getting no satisfactory reply, update or any hope of resolution I have ended my 30 day rolling plan, got my PAC code and am off to a network where data can be provided at sufficient speed to open an email. Such a shame as I have my Fibre BB and TV through Virgin at home, the mobile offer was good value, but alas unusable. Bye Bye Virgin Mobile......

EYESEA71
Tuning in
Message 57 of 117
Flag for a moderator

Cut my losses and terminated under cooling off period. Shame as 120 gb a month for £20 was a great deal on paper........

0 Kudos
Jim606
Joining in
Message 58 of 117
Flag for a moderator

It's certainly looking like it's time to jump ship and get that PAC and another deal elsewhere .. when 4G is so slow you can't send an email not too sure it's worth the bother. Spangly 'phone and the spinning wheel of death trying to use it. Hey ho. 

0 Kudos
JP20885
Dialled in
Message 59 of 117
Flag for a moderator

It's definitely time to jump ship. Virgin Mobile used to be good value for money for the low end users (e.g. less than 3GB) and used to give out good loyalty discounts, but over the last few years years they have become increasingly expensive and service has significantly deterioated. Loyalty discounts no longer exist either. They still seem to love boasting about the fact they have 4G! If they aren't able to get the basics right then they can't justify price increases. In our household we have 4 accounts with Virgin Mobile, seems like they'll be giving out 4 PAC codes today too!

0 Kudos
toasty772
Dialled in
Message 60 of 117
Flag for a moderator

"You can raise a complaint here https://www.cedr.com/consumer/cisas/make-a-complaint/

But first, you must open a complaint with Virgin https://keepup.virginmedia.com/make-a-complaint?intcmpid=aws_complaints_contactus_mobile_df525

I am fed up of the lack of response on this matter, it's as if the forum mods here are just brushing the issue under the carpet, I did what they asked over a month ago and private messaged details of my phone and postcode locations, I have heard nothing.

I am opening a formal complaint today, I advise everyone else to do the same and then the complaint can be taken further as a group if needed.

Enough is enough."

I raised a complaint on the virginmedia site on 23rd Jan and received an automated acknowledgement saying they'd get back to me within 7 days.

10 days have now passed, haven't heard a peep. Says it all really !
I just want to leave my contract with no penalties (ends in April this year) but one of the mods on here said I couldn't. Absolute joke.

0 Kudos