Menu
JP20885
Dialled in
Message 31 of 122
Flag for a moderator

Re: 4G in London

I have been having issues with 4G in London for the last 2-3 months. Calling is fine (as it's on 3G) but there is virtually no data coming to my phone on 4G.

I am in the EC4R area and it's problematic around the whole of this region.

0 Kudos
ashscrivens1
On our wavelength
Message 32 of 122
Flag for a moderator

Virgin, your lack of response and urgency on this matter is shocking!

You have left us all in the dark for over a month and just keep advising us you're "investigating" surely you must have some news by now?

0 Kudos
Jim606
Joining in
Message 33 of 122
Flag for a moderator

Just to chip in on this one. The service in East Ham, E6, yesterday was dreadful. Download was 0.22 and upload was 9.16. Previous week - 0.06 download and upload 5.9. 

Trying to use data where there are a lot of people is getting a tad tricky.  

0 Kudos
toasty772
Dialled in
Message 34 of 122
Flag for a moderator

Come on, Virgin, surely an update on this isn't too much to ask ?

0 Kudos
nick_london
Fibre optic
Message 35 of 122
Flag for a moderator

Have to switch to 2G or 3G when I’m in busy places as the 4G simply isn’t working especially in Central London. It’s a mystery!

bond2002
Tuning in
Message 36 of 122
Flag for a moderator

Wow, switching to 3G really worked!

0 Kudos
DeliriousHenri
Tuning in
Message 37 of 122
Flag for a moderator

Bump.

We need a update, everybody must be frustrated by now. Smiley Frustrated

I am regretting the decision to move over to Virgin now. Data is unusable (or shall I say non-existent) in most high streets, heck I only ever get signal at home or in places when nobody's around, switching to 3G/2G is not cutting it sometimes as well.

Neat, Virgin Mobile isn't even signed up to the Ombudsman Services complaints scheme.

0 Kudos
ashscrivens1
On our wavelength
Message 38 of 122
Flag for a moderator

You can raise a complaint here https://www.cedr.com/consumer/cisas/make-a-complaint/

But first, you must open a complaint with Virgin https://keepup.virginmedia.com/make-a-complaint?intcmpid=aws_complaints_contactus_mobile_df525

I am fed up of the lack of response on this matter, it's as if the forum mods here are just brushing the issue under the carpet, I did what they asked over a month ago and private messaged details of my phone and postcode locations, I have heard nothing.

I am opening a formal complaint today, I advise everyone else to do the same and then the complaint can be taken further as a group if needed.

Enough is enough.

toasty772
Dialled in
Message 39 of 122
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, have raised a complaint to Virgin. Lack of communication on this is appalling.
0 Kudos
dtreweek
On our wavelength
Message 40 of 122
Flag for a moderator

Why have VM created a double post for this? 

There's been an open forum page which their Twitter team have been linking to for months.

I've posted repeatedly on there. But basically this 

4G data unusable in London EC4 outside of London it's fine.

Also and this is important. I get to the office sometimes at 5am .The 4G works fine then .So it's time and location specific. 

The location central London

The time office hours Monday to Friday.

If this isn't a capacity issue I'll eat my hat.

Repeated calls tweets messages have gotten nonone anywhere. Virgin need to sort this out ASAP.  Been a loyal customer for a long long time. But if this isn't sorted soon then TV, Internet and Mobile will all be gone.  I feel I have been unbelievably patient.  I first raised this on 19th November and that was after me having had the issue for some weeks.  

Also anyone who runs a forum doesn't like duplicate threads. Are you trying to hide the fact that the initial thread was opened on 2nd November? 

0 Kudos