Menu
lmcnc68
Tuning in
Message 11 of 106
Flag for a moderator

Re: 4G in London

I am now unable to get any service in the City if London, around the EC2V area. My phone is consistently showing 4G+ and 3-5 bars on the signal, but yet unable to open any internet based app. This has been going for a few weeks now...

0 Kudos
ashscrivens1
On our wavelength
Message 12 of 106
Flag for a moderator

Can someone from Virgin respond?

I mean this thread was started by yourself and you've failed to respond for 3 weeks, we're just left in the dark meanwhile I'm sometimes running around to find wifi to check my emails when in Central London and Birmingham

Poor service backed up by poor customer service here

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 13 of 106
Flag for a moderator

Sorry you've not had a reply. 

We're collecting details at the moment whilst the network is looking into this. 

If you could please pop me a personal message with your number and the postcode of the location/locations you're having this issue then we can pass it along. 

Thanks. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Marie49
Settling in
Message 14 of 106
Flag for a moderator

For the past 3 days I have had no data connection at all in Central London and on the outskirts of London and have had to rely on wifi which is not helpful and is not what I'm paying for. Are you trying to fix this problem?

0 Kudos
GJH96
Settling in
Message 15 of 106
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

I have not been able to use any data (4G or 3G) whilst in Zone 1 in London, this has been occurring for almost 2 months now. I have called your customer service team at least 7 times and they all promise to call me back, however this has never happened. They've told me I am connected to a mast that is down and they've got me to reset my network settings, manually select a network etc and nothing works.

Feeling very frustrated as I am unable to use my data 80% of the time I am out of the house.

Could you please help?

0 Kudos
nick_london
Fibre optic
Message 16 of 106
Flag for a moderator

Slow speeds round Marble Arch even though 4G is showing full signal.BE75000A-4F71-40AE-A810-89C59C03D700.png

0 Kudos
ashscrivens1
On our wavelength
Message 17 of 106
Flag for a moderator

It's been a month since you've known there is a serious issue, how long do you need to collect postcodes for and advise us when bandwidth capacity is being increased in the area?

A month with now service for some is madness!

nick_london
Fibre optic
Message 18 of 106
Flag for a moderator

Sitting waiting for a train at Maidstone East and although it’s showing 4 bars in of 4G signal, the internet is not working unless I switch the phone to 3G. Even iMessages are not sending over 4G.

0 Kudos
Bevan93
Joining in
Message 19 of 106
Flag for a moderator

I've been experiencing this issue for maybe 3-4 months now. Potentially longer. I've been on the phone several times and have been told to wait 72 hours, 48 hours and two weeks. Still no meaningful update (despite being promised one) and I'm growing impatient. It's one mast - I've worked out which one it is, too. I can walk down the road a bit, away from my workplace, and the speeds shoot up to 60mbps both ways.

SW1P 1DH.

The lack of communication from technical departments is shocking. I'm not normally one to complain, but I feel as though - as a customer - I'm not being heard nor am I getting the service I pay for. I am on the verge of changing provider due to the way this has been handled.

EDIT: The speedtest says EE but this is from a Virgin Mobile device, promise.

EDIT 2: Interestingly, switching to 3G only on my device makes data at least usable. Perhaps that will help with the diagnosis and subsequent fix.

0 Kudos
toasty772
On our wavelength
Message 20 of 106
Flag for a moderator

Did another speedtest earlier from near Fenchurch St station in City of London, awful.

st.jpg

0 Kudos