Menu
Highlighted
Kaden55
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

4G Issues

I have never been able to get 4G even though I have a 4G sim (since 2017). I have checked my phone for connectivity (iPhone 6) I have checked my area for good availability, all Ok. I contacted Virgin who talked me through a few trouble shooting exercises to no avail. They sent out a replacement 4G sim. Sadly I am still unable to get 4G. My sister who has a Tesco tariff can get 4G in my house. Why can’t I?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: 4G Issues

Tesco mobile piggybacks on the O2 network.

Virgin Mobile piggybacks on EE’s network. If the EE coverage checker says you can get 4G, you should also get it on Virgin.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Superstar
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Put your SIM card in your sister's phone and see what you get.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
jhuk
Super solver
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Post in the Virgin Mobile section to get proper help, this is for home broadband.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kaden55,

Welcome to the forums and thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear you've been experiencing mobile data issues.

Thank you to jhuk, we have now moved this thread to the correct board.

It does sound like it sould be an issue with the handset rather than the SIM card. As Roger_Gooner suggested, have you tried your SIM in a difference device to see whether you can receive a 4G signal? Have you also tried any other SIMs in your handset to test them?

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@nodrogd wrote:

Tesco mobile piggybacks on the O2 network.

Virgin Mobile piggybacks on EE’s network. If the EE coverage checker says you can get 4G, you should also get it on Virgin.

Almost but not quite. If the EE coverage checker says you can get 4G, there's a good chance you'll get it on Virgin - but the EE checker does allow for 800Mhz remember.

The Virgin coverage checker does give different results for some postcodes where this is the case. But you're right in the case of the OP wondering why one network gets coverage and another doesn't... I can think of numerous places where a Tesco tariff won't work but my EE one will....

0 Kudos