cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

44700035505 premium unsolicited ongoing texts received at £1.50 each

pbarrett
Dialled in

Is anybody else getting billed for receiving premium texts from this number please ? 

My sons phone had had them every month since last August and we don't know why we are getting charged for them ?

He is not receiving anything, but we are still being charged for two messages every month at £1.50 each ( one month was x5 messages I think ).

I have had a quick search on line and can;t find anything except these possibly being a scam.

These are ongoing and have already cost me a fair bit, so I need to get this sorted. As he is not receiving anything, we can't block the number either.

Help please !!

40 REPLIES 40

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @pbarrett

Thanks for your reply!

If you go into Settings --> Messages you should find an option around Junk in here, please keep me updated 🙂

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I adjusted the spend cap in the main mobile account area last month as sson as I realised I was still getting charges for txt's that we're not even received. Like I said - if you can take a look at my bills - there is NO extra spend showing, no explanation at all, I already paid the extra £3 last month, so why am I being charged £3 extra again - when I've taken the facility to overspend off the accounts? The account says both my wife and my daughters contracts amount to  £10.73 this month (£21.46 total) but the amount it says is due on the main screen is £24.46...

Nothing about spam in there, but I see I have blocked the offending number in 'Blocked Contacts'
IOS 15.3.1. We no longer receive them by the way. Perhaps that is why. That number is also blocked on my son's phone too, who was the one who was receiving them in the first place. Perhaps you should do that mattgentleman ? That maybe why we no longer get them.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @matgentleman

Thanks for your reply

If you're not receiving the texts anymore after the spendcap being set then the charges should not continue, I would advise trying the above suggested by pbarrett and you shouldn't see the texts crop up again.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Sorry Travis but that is not good enough. My bill says I owe £10.73 for each of my deals, £21.46 in total. I have no issue paying this.

I want to know what then give Virgin the right to take an extra £3 from my bank that is not explained or documented?? It may only be £3 but this has been going on for months. I left virgin media/ broadband/tv precisely because the customer service was so, so, so bad. I don’t want you to say ‘it’ll probably be ok now’ !!! I want my money back and I want it investigating and I want an answer! Please!!

There isn’t even any texts this month! I have 2 sim deals, on my account each one specifies I owe a monthly charge of £10.73, which is fine (even though when I was sold them I was told they’d never increase in price from £10!!). So NO extra spending on either account. HOWEVER on the main account screen it says I owe £24.46 …£3 more…without any explanation. I’m ready to move to another company tbh. I had a hell of a time with virgin tv and broadband which involved hour after hour stuck on hold, passed around only to have to start the whole process again next time I rang. I feel that Virgin’s scant regard for customers whilst it has had the monopoly on high broadband speeds is sickening! At least they are no longer the monopoly!

Hi matgentleman,

Thanks for coming back to us. With these premium rate text numbers, you will be charged every time you receive a text message.

Unfortunately, we have no way of stopping these incoming to your mobile bill each month as they have been subscribed too.

We have done some investigating into the number you have provided, and we have found this to belong to a site called stripeyoffers. This seems to be a site where customers are sent a text with different offers for services every two weeks.

At some point this site would have been subscribed to, to get these offers.

If you would like these text messages to stop you will need to contact stripeyoffers.com and select contact us and at the bottom of the page it will have an unsubscribe option.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Thanks for looking into it Jodi, much appreciated, I'll see if I can get anywhere with stripeyoffers! 

You're most welcome matgentleman.

Please keep us posted with how you get on.

If you need any further assistance with anything else, please come back to us through this channel.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Don't forget to block the number above on all phones as well matgentleman. That seems to be the only way I stopped getting charged. Try unsubscribing too obvs. My charges were actually documented on my bill for a premium text service. There is no reason that should not be on your bill, so that is a slightly different scenario mine.
I hope you get this sorted. It took me a while and about £30-£40 wasted.