cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

44700035505 premium unsolicited ongoing texts received at £1.50 each

pbarrett
Dialled in

Is anybody else getting billed for receiving premium texts from this number please ? 

My sons phone had had them every month since last August and we don't know why we are getting charged for them ?

He is not receiving anything, but we are still being charged for two messages every month at £1.50 each ( one month was x5 messages I think ).

I have had a quick search on line and can;t find anything except these possibly being a scam.

These are ongoing and have already cost me a fair bit, so I need to get this sorted. As he is not receiving anything, we can't block the number either.

Help please !!

40 REPLIES 40

Many thanks Paul.

I can't do most of those, as the messages aren't actually received on my sons phone, I just get get billed for them.

I will try the 7726 spam reporting thing though.

I will also try and get them blocked, but that might prove fruitless as well.

I will also try that PSA number too.

Thanks again.

Did you manage to resolve this? I am having exactly the same issue - exactly the same mobile number - exactly the same charges on my wifes phone!!

(2 txts every month £1.50 each)

Thanks in advance

Hi @matgentleman thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear that your wife is being charged for premium rate text messages.  Have you checked on who is sending them?  Also is the issue of the texts not being received also the same for your wife?

Regards

Lee_R

Not sure I am still getting them, but I have been meaning to check. I'll do that in a while.

Thanks for getting back to us pbarrett

Are you getting charged higher than your agreed monthly price?  Please do keep us updated.

Regards

Lee_R

I was a victim of this scam in December 2007.  Eventually I tracked down the scammer and received a tatty £5 note in "compensation" for their "mistake".  But if they managed to scam a million victims out of £1.50, that is nothing. 

Phone companies should block these messages unless the recipient gives permission.  Advising victims to reply STOP after being defrauded is just not good enough. 

(I think) we checked it a while back and she hadn't even received the messages, she's tied up with work presently but I've asked her to check again.

This has been happening every month since Oct 2020

I agree, especially as a STOP doesn't always work. In fact why would the originator make them 'STOP' 🤷‍♂️.

That's not really in their best interests is it ?