cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£180 trade in reward

latentspirit
Joining in

Hello, I just bought I phone 13 from virgin mobile on a 2nd line. There is an offer for trading in old phone. I have been trying to understand the process on how to claim it. I have so far spoken to customer services about 10 times but no one has a clue. All I know I am supposed to get s promotion code via email and then do it online through their trade in website. But so far I have received no email with the promotion code. Can someone please help me with this to get to the bottom on this? Thanks

20 REPLIES 20

Did you get any resolution on this - I too have 2 IPhone13 contracts since August and I’m going around in circles trying to get the £180 cash back+ value of my phone. Over 3 and half hours on to customer service about it and no where near being resolved. It’s so frustrating

Hi Paul897,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry to hear you're having to chase this, 

Can you confirm if you've already sent the phone to us?

Alex_Rm

Did you ever get your money? I am in the same predicament.

Hi @Gallatron2000

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community.

Could you please expand on your experience and what has happened?

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

The same as the original poster but for £261. I’m in the middle of the complaints procedure but they have yet to get back to me. I’m asking the original poster due to the fact that it looks like there’s a real problem with your trade-in/up system and loads of people are having the same problem. Something isn’t working at your end and my confidence in getting my money is getting lower every day.

Okay thank you.

Just to clarify please, are you upgrading early? or recycling an old phone?

If it's recycling as per the original poster, have you followed the steps here?

If so, the next step if posting the device to us and finally get paid via bank transfer.

How far along in the process did you get please?

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

It was for both a trade-up and trade-in. £60 to pay off the rest of my contract and £200 cash back. I sent the phone back to you last week and was told I would get a text when you receive it, it never came. I then had to chase up to see if you actually had the phone and you did. Finally I got an email saying that the trade up/in was successful and would receive my money in 72 hours, it has been a week. I called you up to see why I haven’t got my money and you blamed Likewise. I called Likewise and they blamed you. This went back and forth multiple times and got absolutely nowhere.

Hi @Gallatron2000

I have taken a look at things form our side and can see my colleague Megan sent you a private message regarding this yesterday.

She has raised this with the relevant team who will be in touch to discuss this with you.

This was only raised yesterday morning, please allow a couple of days for this to be worked and for them to contact you.

If you have any further questions around the complaint raised, please kindly respond to Megans private message and she can advise further.

Vikki - Forum Team

beigeviper
Joining in

I’ve got exactly the same issue. I’ve been in the hell loop of ‘we’ll escalate the issue and you will be contacted in 3-5 working days’ for weeks now.

Every time the ‘3-5 working days’ expires (and they all have), I call back and am told the same thing. I’ve also been promised that ‘someone will ring me’ twice. And that never happened either.

I am utterly sick of Virgin Mobile customer service. I don’t care if Virgin Mobile are having ‘issues’, my next step will be to raise a claim against them in the small claims court.

Hey @beigeviper, thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the case you have raised for the trade in.
I will investigate this matter for you further - I will send a private message, watch out for the purple envelope inviting you in to a private chat.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs