Menu
paperclip
Rising star
Message 41 of 57
Flag for a moderator

Re: 141 on new virgin sim not working

@teabag
What happens when you call your virgin mobile from your landline using the 141 prefix?

Doing the above using 141 on my landline the landline number shows with the 044 at the beginning of the number which is for UK of course, I can as mentioned earlier withhold my mobile number for outgoing calls, plus the 3 options in settings aren't greyed out and it's set to network default the first option on mine.
0 Kudos
teabag
Trouble shooter
Message 42 of 57
Flag for a moderator

paperclip wrote:
@teabag
What happens when you call your virgin mobile from your landline using the 141 prefix?

Doing the above using 141 on my landline the landline number shows with the 044 at the beginning of the number which is for UK of course, I can as mentioned earlier withhold my mobile number for outgoing calls, plus the 3 options in settings aren't greyed out and it's set to network default the first option on mine.

It comes up as Private Number (withheld) on the mobile.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £8 sims. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
paperclip
Rising star
Message 43 of 57
Flag for a moderator

@teabag
Right, so I'm the opposite then as my 141 works on mobile while yours doesn't, however my 141 doesn't work when using landline but yours does, so looks like VM don't have an option to satisfy both options.
0 Kudos
teabag
Trouble shooter
Message 44 of 57
Flag for a moderator

To me, it sounds like a problem all down to mobile/SIM side with Caller ID.

As a test, are you able to ring a non Virgin mobile using 141 from your landline, and see if number is withheld OK?.
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £8 sims. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
paperclip
Rising star
Message 45 of 57
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately not, all are virgin.
0 Kudos
TTTJJJ
Dialled in
Message 46 of 57
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I’ve been communicating over PM with a mod who kindly did some things on the account side and now everything seems to be resolved.

141 works fine and the option in the settings on the phone to turn off/on Caller ID works perfectly along with other things such as call waiting.
0 Kudos
teabag
Trouble shooter
Message 47 of 57
Flag for a moderator

@TTTJJJ

It would be interesting to know which one of the 4 options your on now at Virgin's end, also do you know if all OK when ringing a Virgin Landline?.
0 Kudos
TTTJJJ
Dialled in
Message 48 of 57
Flag for a moderator

I’ve not tried calling a Virgin land line but if someone wants to PM me their number I can let it ring once whilst withheld to see what comes up
0 Kudos
TTTJJJ
Dialled in
Message 49 of 57
Flag for a moderator

So we've tried it out and my number is permanently withheld to Virgin landlines. Suppose that's better than displaying Caller ID if I'm trying to withhold it but it still isn't right.

To Virgin mobiles however it works normally as expected.
Highlighted
teabag
Trouble shooter
Message 50 of 57
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that @TTTJJJ

With your two calls to my landline, one withheld with 141 and the other one not withheld.

Both calls came through as withheld 😞
0 Kudos