Menu
Brackenwood
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

12 month SIM plan - switch plan up or down

I have a 12 month SIM only plan which says I can switch my plan up or down once a month. 

I tried this in My Account (Change Plan), and since December (when I first looked) a message continues to advise…”Sorry, we don’t have any available plans for you at the moment”.

On the web site SIM only plans are advertised (£6, £9, £10, £15 and £18) with… “the ability to switch up or down every month”.

If I cannot switch online can I do this to the current offers by calling 789?

If so, do I get switched to a new 12 month contract, rather than the switch occur for the remainder of my 12 month plan?   If a new 12 month contract is the case this should be made clear when the original 12 month contract is taken out.  

From what I gather elsewhere the “switch up or down” opportunity is heavily promoted, but is not simple in practice.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Daniel_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: 12 month SIM plan - switch plan up or down

Hi Brackenwood

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community forum.

Not all bundles are available to be moved up and down online, if you do give us a call on 789 we'd be able to review this for you.

Regards,

Daniel_G - Forum Team

Need help swapping your SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM here. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
drewglasgow
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Brackenwood, 

Cathy say I had a helpful or successful contact with VM call centre.

Any flexing involves a new 12 month contract as far as I can work out.

I'm writing a complaint to ofcom, as breaching consumer protection act 2015, as not displaying significant exclusions prominently.

Good luck

0 Kudos
Brackenwood
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Many thanks.  That;s very helpful

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Rich_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Brackenwood,

As I've mentioned to drewglasgow here, you can change your plan by calling 789 but if you don't want to accept a new contract then you'll be given standard tariff choices.

If you wish to take any of the new deals here, a new 12 month contract will apply as stated under General MobilePay Monthly SIM Only: 12 month contract applies.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team

Can make calls, but no data? Check your "Virgin Mobile APN settings"

0 Kudos