cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 out of three sims gets service?

johnclarke88
Joining in

Me and my 2 sons attended a festival at the weekend. One son has an iphone myself and the other son have samsung phones. all less than 2 years old.

only the sim in the iphone could get a signal and could get 5g too. the samsung phones couldnt get any signal what so ever.

in my accounts on the my virging mobile web portal the two sims that could not get a signal are under one account and the one that could is under another. this is the only difference i can see. all are on the same package 

why would this be? 

12 REPLIES 12

It's not a problem now. Like I said I have an 02 sim which also could not connect.

I tried automatic and a manual network operator search with no joy

Thanks for the update @johnclarke88, do please come back to us if you experience an issue with any of the sim cards moving forward.

As @enlli suggests, it's likely this was due to an overwhelming number of sim cards connecting to a single/small number of masts in one local area at once.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

lozd
On our wavelength

It may not rule it out. If your Virgin SIM is using O2 then it may not have signal, whereas if your son's Virgin iPhone was still using Vodafone it may have had signal.