cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 out of three sims gets service?

johnclarke88
Joining in

Me and my 2 sons attended a festival at the weekend. One son has an iphone myself and the other son have samsung phones. all less than 2 years old.

only the sim in the iphone could get a signal and could get 5g too. the samsung phones couldnt get any signal what so ever.

in my accounts on the my virging mobile web portal the two sims that could not get a signal are under one account and the one that could is under another. this is the only difference i can see. all are on the same package 

why would this be? 

12 REPLIES 12

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just a guess but at the moment Virgin use 2 networks for signal. Vodafone and O2. So maybe different networks.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi johnclarke88,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. Sorry to hear that you and your son were having difficulty getting a signal at your concert. We can understand the frustration this issue must have caused.

As @enlli has advised, it may because we use two networks Vodafone and O2. Dependant on which number is on what network this may have been the issue. How have things been since your concert? Are you and your son getting a good signal now?

Kind regards Jodi. 

Thanks for the replies but I have a dual sim Samsung with an O2 sim in the second sim slot. This also had no signal so this rules that out. 

Thanks for coming back to us johnclarke88.

Are you still experiencing issues with your sims now? How is your signal at present? How old are your sim cards?

We can certainly send you new sim cards to see if this eliminates the issue, however before we do this, please try the suggestions on the link here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/mobile/virgin-mobile-issues.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Everything is fine now. was just a real pain having no signal when at the festival 

can you check the accounts to be sure there is no difference? 

also id like to know if i would be better moving to a family account?

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for letting us know and I apologise for the experience you've had. 

I am not sure what you're referring to when you mention the difference, is this in relation to what network platform the SIM is on? 

All information relating to the family plan can be found here: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/mobile/family-plan

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just to say I do several festivals and large gathering a year. Signal on any network is not a given. Large groups of people using phones and data can easily swamp and overwhelm a network.

At my last festival is Staffordshire it was pushing it to get a reliabie connection on any network.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

I totally get that. I've been to enough of them but 1 sim out of three the only one to get any signal over 3 days isn't a coincidence

Something is different with that sim to the other 2 

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As explained it is probably down to working on different networks. Virgin having gone in with O2 are moving people off Vodafone and on to O2s network. Quite a few have moved and the rest will move within the next couple of months.

If you do a manual network search and tell me what networks are listed I can work out which of the two you are on.