cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0897 numbers

JL57
Just joined

What does Virgin charge for calls to an 0897 number? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi JL57

Can you please let us know what you wish to know 

As @enlli has advised a quick search may show you its a fake number used to scam you 

Have you called this or have you received a call from this number 

Gareth_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Do a Google search on 0897 and you will see why you should not call it

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi JL57

Can you please let us know what you wish to know 

As @enlli has advised a quick search may show you its a fake number used to scam you 

Have you called this or have you received a call from this number 

Gareth_L

Thank you for the advice. I haven’t called this number yet and have no intension of doing so now! 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

0897 isn't a valid number range, but you can check the cost of calls to non-standard prefixes using the mobile price guide at https://store.virginmedia.com/content/dam/eSales/Downloads/PAYM-Mobile-Tariff-Guide.pdf 

I suspect it's an 087 number you're querying, and if so - you should realise call charges to 084/087 numbers are called "service numbers" and are charged in two parts.

The access charge element is charged by the telecoms operator that you call from, whilst the service charge element is charged by the person/organisation you are calling - and it is they who are obligated to mention this before you call.

There's more info at https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/costs-and-billing/how-muc... 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks JL57

If they called your Mobile, Just block it. 

100% this will be a trying to get your card details 

Gareth_L