cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0845 & 0843 The Bane of my mobile life!

John19579
Joining in

Dropped calls

Has anyone got an antidote for Blocking these Numbers ?

I have an iPhone 13 is there a mask for blocking these numbers under call blocking? 

Obviously I’ve upset the criminal world but there must be a way of Blocking these numbers surely ?

5 REPLIES 5

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @John19579 thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised.

The phone cannot block a "set" of numbers unfortunately, nor can we restrict these as your mobile provider.

However, you can block individual numbers once they've come through to you. If you go onto your contract/call history, if you select the (i) icon on the right hand side of the number, and scroll down to the bottom there should be an option to block that specific number.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance!

Many thanks

Tom_W

Thanks Tom 

I’ve been religiously doing what you have suggested in your Reply BUT with a phone that has one of the fastest Processors and 0.5T of Ram it’s getting to the point where I Will need the A14 and the full 1T of Ram to store all the numbers To do a logical Crosscheck against the Incomming call Numbers + what about the carbon footprint ! 

This leads me to believe that the “Service Providers” are lobbying the “Phone Manufacturers” on behalf of the “Scammers” which really sums up what a screwed up world we live in !!

It’s Sad

John

Hi John thanks a lot for your reply.

I appreciate your comments, it is a difficult situation when the calls come from a different set of numbers every single time making it near-impossible to stop these.

Unfortunately though, we cannot block these numbers as previously stated but the main thing is, is you know which are scam calls meaning you won't be caught out on these.

For more information though just in case, please see here.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Tom 

I’m a Development Process Design Engineer last position in Flight Simulation.

Using/Programming/Interfacing-ATE  computers since 1972 in ARGOL - to modern day can you tell me why you can’t mask out these numbers ?

(I could write the Code for you, It would probably take an a few mins in SQL a tad longer in ASS Lang.)

IMHO it’s because of PROFIT!!

I just want to carry on with my life without having it interrupted by these SCUMBAG SCAMMERS when I get a Call from them.

(IMHO)To be Perfectly Honest The “Industry” is Aiding Them, unless of course you can give me an answer to my first question above, why? 

Respectfully 

John

Hi John thanks for your reply.

The main reason why we can't mask the calls before they come in, is because generally with scam calls the centres that perform these, have software that deflects the true number they're calling from - often they call from overseas but you might see a UK-based number for example, prompting you to answer.

I do apologise as I appreciate that this won't give you the answer you're looking for to resolve the issue, but thanks for your understanding.

Many thanks

Tom_W