cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

08001836xxx Virgin cold calling from the Philippines

Swf
Fibre optic

Hi.  Got a cold unwanted call today .  I asked not to be called again .     How do I know if the staff changed anything on my  account?  After being lied to and missold in the past I'm concerned the staff can do anything they want to make there commission.    If anything was changed how would I know ?  Would I get a email?         

[MOD EDIT: number edited in case it's an innocent number being spoofed]

6 REPLIES 6

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Swf,

Thank you for your post and bringing this to our attention. I'm sorry to hear that you got this unwanted call.

I can confirm that number is a genuine Virgin Media contact number, though there is a possibility that it's been spoofed. Did they state the reason for their call to you?

If you want the calls to cease then if you've requested this from the team they should action this on the account and they should cease in due course. However, if you wish to do this yourself, you can do so via My Preferences in your My Virgin Media online account.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Called again.      Can a staff member help be to get theses stoped please

I told the other guy never to call.  

I can't work it out how to stop them. But it's fells like harrisment now. 

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You need to set your marketing preferences in your online account. In the meanwhile block the number

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Can a person who works for Virgin help me please.   It's impossible for me to log into the account .only virgin staff replay please.     

Please I don't want know it alls to reply   your antagonist.     

Swf
Fibre optic

Just to add have had this number for 2 years + not one cold call.  But   Only a week ago I needed a new SIM so I think it's related to the new SIM card.   As I said its impossible to change the settings my end.  So if a VM staff can help me please do so.  

Thanks for coming back to us @Swf.

What happens when you try to log into your account to change the settings?

Regards,

Steven_L