Menu
ggoodwin
On our wavelength
Message 171 of 180
Flag for a moderator

Re: 0800 183 6408

Terri_P Have you got any suggestions for those of us who have already opted out of Virgin's unprofessional marketing drives, and still get spammed by them?

Is there a procedure we need to follow to sue Virgin under the new GDPR regulations? A few heavy fines might be the only way to make them stop.
0 Kudos
AS000
Tuning in
Message 172 of 180
Flag for a moderator

Yes i have done everything she has suggested, think it was February this year. The calls stopped for a few weeks only after i spoke with a caller, customer services did not sort this out for me. The calls then started again, and the same cycle started again. Nathan B from the Forum Team asked me to give him details to get this stopped, last week. I have had no more calls yet but loh and behold i had 2 text messages this morning claiming to be from Virgin saying they want to discuss changes to my account and asking me to text back with a convenient time for them to call!!!! Do they think their customers were born yesterday? I will now be putting together a letter of complaint to Virgin with a copy to Ofcom. When i receive a response, this together with the letter will be all over social media. Maybe we should all cancel our contracts and pay no cancellation fees and let the b******s take us to court! I have never known of any company to harrass their customers so much, it is getting out of control.

0 Kudos
AS000
Tuning in
Message 173 of 180
Flag for a moderator

Terri, i have done this already! How many times do i have to opt out? Maybe Virgin Mobile customer service reps should actually listen to their customers! I replied to Nathan B last week, a member of your Forum Team. I have had no more calls yet but i have had 2 text messages this morning from a number claiming to be from Virgin saying they need to speak to me re changes to my account and asking me to text back for a convenient time to phone me! Number is *************. This is utterly pathetic. Is this what is going to be harrassing me from now on? Endless text messages? Let me make this clear, i will not be replying to this message and i am taking this matter further. Or unless you have any advice on what i am now supposed to do after opting out of marketing calls like you already suggested, which i have already done plus told the callers to never call again? What is the next step Terri?

[MOD EDIT: For your security personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
teabag
Community elder
Message 174 of 180
Flag for a moderator

@ggoodwin wrote:
Terri_P Have you got any suggestions for those of us who have already opted out of Virgin's unprofessional marketing drives, and still get spammed by them?

Is there a procedure we need to follow to sue Virgin under the new GDPR regulations? A few heavy fines might be the only way to make them stop.

Trouble with the fines, is it is us customers who pay for them in the end with price rises later on :-(

Also would be nice to hear where the fine money goes to in the end, like the £350,000 EDF has just had to pay over missing their deadline for smart meters?.

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only x2. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Corbyguy
Tuning in
Message 175 of 180
Flag for a moderator

So far i have 4 calls from this 0800 1836408 number in the last few days.

On June 13th

On June 16 at 3.17 pm

On June 18 at 12.16 pm and 1.01 pm and 4.17 pm (3 calls today)

I have Autism and i made it quite clear to your company some months ago to put a note on my account on your system that no one from your company is to contact me by way of telephone no matter what the circumstances are and i also opted out of receiving sales calls for exactly the same reason. Now i am receiving phone calls from one of your departments despite your company having a note on my account on your system that no one from your company is to contact me by way of telephone no matter what the circumstances.

These calls are being made by your company by ignoring the note on my account and i consider your actions of ignoring the note to be intrusive and i want these calls to stop immediately!

If these calls continue then someone in your company will have to explain why they have taken it upon themselves to ignore the note on my account on your system whereby they are not to contact by me be way of telephone no matter what the circumstances and considering that i also opted out of sales calls!

Please stop these calls!

0 Kudos
TMK71
Joining in
Message 176 of 180
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terri,

i have, on more than 1 occasion!! 

You seem to be fixated on the nuisance element of my comments. I want to know whi i have to give account information when you call me before you can prove who you are!!!

is that too nuch to ask????

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Terri_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 177 of 180
Flag for a moderator

Hello,

In order to change the marketing options on your account, we have to verify account security. If you prefer to not provide the details requested by the Forum Team staff members, then please call in on 789 (Freephone from a Virgin Mobile), 150 (Freephone from a Virgin Mobile or Virgin Media landline) or 0345 6000 789 (from any other phone) and clear account security direct with Customer Services.

On the marketing calls, our Sales team also have to verify account security before they can discuss the offers available on your account.

Running out of data? Check out our top Mobile data tips

0 Kudos
TMK71
Joining in
Message 178 of 180
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terri, 

you are still missing the point. 

If you call me, unsolicited, why must have to prove who i am before you prove who you are?????

This is not what anyone can call customer service 

0 Kudos
teabag
Community elder
Message 179 of 180
Flag for a moderator

@Terri_P said "In order to change the marketing options on your account, we have to verify account security. If you prefer to not provide the details requested by the Forum Team staff members, then please call in on 789 (Freephone from a Virgin Mobile), 150 (Freephone from a Virgin Mobile or Virgin Media landline) or 0345 6000 789 (from any other phone) and clear account security direct with Customer Services."

Just to add on Terri's answer, if you prefer not to pass details over PM or ring in, you can log into your mobile online account and opt-out from there, go My Profile > My Preferences.Screenshot_20180619-194011.png

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only x2. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
DuncanH
On our wavelength
Message 180 of 180
Flag for a moderator

I've been plagued by sales calls from this number for months and agree with previous posts. Awful sales call, hard to understand what they are saying, do not prove who they are but expect you to give them information, very bad practice from a large company.

I just decided to go on to my account and change the marketing preferences, it's a all or nothing:-

"Tick the box and we won't contact you about all the great stuff by email, post, SMS and phone from Virgin Media. You can update your preferences here as often as you like."

Virgin if you really want to be customer focused let the customer choose, I don't mind you emailing me with "all the great stuff" (or should that be ways of increasing my bill each month) but I don't want the rest thank you very much !!! 

0 Kudos