Menu
Lee-SX
Tuning in
Message 21 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Re: 0800 183 6403

disappointed if these are legitimate calls from Virgin media, 9 calls in the last 3 days from this number and 3 from another on 0207 0594000.

If you want to sell me something you already have my e-mail address and can detail it in english, rather than use these hard to understand foreign call centres who just pester you throughout the day.

sharon_1967
Tuning in
Message 22 of 34
Flag for a moderator

You're trying to get us to sign up immediately for a new service that we can get for half the price if we go online and do it ourselves and boost the wi-fi immediately, good companies give their best anyway . Foreign phone calls don't help either. Since this happened and the pestering phone calls to my non Virgin mobile, I will be leaving Virgin.

Tinyclanger
On our wavelength
Message 23 of 34
Flag for a moderator

We've had 5 calls in the last 3 days from this number and it's getting beyond a joke. The calls keep going to my wife's mobile, but they won't speak to her as she's not the account holder (according to the person on the phone - even though our accounts in both our names). 

First off I get told - you can have the latest v6 box with a free install.... errr, I've already got 2 of them. Took 3 attempts to get this through to the guy.

We can improve your wifi coverage because you're getting drop outs... I don't think so, apart from the fact that I use a separate router with the virgin router in modem mode. Again, he couldn't understand that I don't want a different modem. As far as I can see the superhubs do not offer the same parental controls that the Asus modem I use does. There are a couple of other reasons why I use it like that as well.

He tried offering me a different broadband package, it wasn't Vivid300 (I'm on 200), but as far as I could make out was a business service... Why??

I put the phone down in the end, after I told him repeatedly that I wasn't interested. 

0 Kudos
efpk1959
Tuning in
Message 24 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Receiving calls three or four times a day.  It is Virginmedia trying to sell Home Works for £9.99 a month.  I told them I wasn’t interested and don’t ring again.

Late last year I also got calls from this number and Home Works was added to my package without my authorisation.  Called VM to complain, they said they couldn’t do anything as I must have agreed and they would remove it in thirty days, I hung up.  I rang VM again and spoke to someone different and told him I wanted to hear the recording of the conversation, as Virgin say they record all calls.  The chap I spoke said “you don’t need the recording as I have had many people ringing saying the same thing” and it was removed immediately.  Are the people working in these Indian call centres on a bonus for selling?

If the broadband from VM’s rivals wasn’t so poor I wouldn’t think twice about leaving.

It is about time VM stopped these nuisance calls.  If I want to upgrade I will contact you.

Tinyclanger
On our wavelength
Message 25 of 34
Flag for a moderator

That's what it was, Home works. Like you I'd told him the same thing and he didn't seem to understand what no meant!
I'll check the bill next month to make sure it wasn't added.
RoyParkes
Joining in
Message 26 of 34
Flag for a moderator

One has to add the annoying phone number to one’s list of contacts before one can block it!!!

0 Kudos
andybrock
On our wavelength
Message 27 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Have received calls from this number several times in the last couple of days.

Can VM confirm this is an official sales call??

I've blocked it regardless.

Poor CS once again.

0 Kudos
Jane11
Tuning in
Message 28 of 34
Flag for a moderator

I'm getting calls as well from 08001836403. Caller merely says "please confirm you are the account holder". I ask for what and why". She then tries to says something's been noticed on my account and tries to sell me something I neither want or asked for. 

Totally unprofessional . Is this VM?

0 Kudos
paulchambers061
Well-informed
Message 29 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Sales/marketing... See this thread from another community forum

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV/0800-183-6403-called-me/td-p/3655380

0 Kudos
Jane11
Tuning in
Message 30 of 34
Flag for a moderator

Sorry but that is rubbish.  I am not cancelling anything with VM. This number rings my landline saying my services are terminated from today on automated message.  Press 1 to confirm or 2 to discuss. I am making no changes to my package (for now anyway). Total twoddle...and lies. DO NOT BE FOOLED. I have already lost money vian almost identical scam.

Inside job? 

0 Kudos