cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upgrade to V6

Noggin24
Tuning in

Hi just signed up to another contract as I was leaving but have an old Tivo box. I have the full package and use a 4k tv can I get a v6 box at all?. If so how to I go about getting one.

Many Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can only get the 360 boxes as an upgrade, the V6 is no longer available except to customers who already have one

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

LittleMick73
Superstar
Hi it would have been the ideal opportunity when you signed the new contract to request an upgrade to a V6, you could try phoning and asking but virgin now seem to supply the new 360 boxes which have meet with mixed reviews. Regards Micky

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can only get the 360 boxes as an upgrade, the V6 is no longer available except to customers who already have one

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Having clarified the situation with VM forum staff "behind the scenes", existing TiVo customers can still swap to a V6 - providing of course, you have VM broadband which is a requirement.

There are no other circumstances where a V6 can be installed - all new TV installs are to 360.

The most reliable way of achieving this would be as part of a package renegotiation, and of being sure that you want a V6 & not a 360 - which I'm sure VM would be happy to promote.

impy1
On our wavelength

In my experience you can only get a upgrade if you pay more,in my case an extra £12.50 a month. If the box developed a fault then it would be replaced ( if necessary) with another Tivo

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@impy1 wrote:

In my experience you can only get a upgrade if you pay more,in my case an extra £12.50 a month. If the box developed a fault then it would be replaced ( if necessary) with another Tivo

Whether you have a TiVo or a V6 shouldn't make any difference to your monthly bundle price - the only difference would be any upfront cost.

Users that still have TiVo, tend to be on an older package that's not been reviewed for a while - hence the usual advice being to review the package and reqiuest a box-swap, all as one process.

I swapped my TiVo for a V6 as a faults swapout, so it does happen - it's just not guaranteed that way.

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Noggin24, 

Thanks for your post and it's nice to hear that you're wanting to upgrade to a V6 box. 

As there has been some confusion in the thread I just want to confirm that if you have an existing TV service, an upgrade to V6 is still possible. 

We're not able to help with package reviews via the Community so speak to the team on 0345 454 1111 so they can check what the deal would be. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs