Menu
Highlighted
petersladdie
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

unable to view programmes when I change channel

I have reported this problem before and already had an engineer visit to investigate it. Intermittently, I am unable to view programmes when I change channel. I get the audio but not the visual content. I have to press the channel up/down button to change the channel then select the channel that I wanted to get audio and visual content. this happened yesterday lunchtime when I changed channels using the guide from channel 928 to 429. and again about 1930 when I changed channels in my favourites from 503 to 529. it happened again tonight around 2010 when I selected channel 404 from the menu.

I am not convinced that the engineer found a fault and changing the bit of connection equipment in the outdoor box was the answer. he did say that the TiVo box is OK and if it keeps happening that I may need new cable which could be troublesome as its boxed in under the radiator.

[MOD EDIT: Subject heading changed to assist community]

0 Kudos
stevio11
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: unable to view programmes when I change channel

I had this problem and found that the tv engineer had put my virgin media down as an app, I unplugged my leads and reset them and now virgin comes on as a hdmi connection and I have no problems changing programes any more

0 Kudos
petersladdie
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: unable to view programmes when I change channel

thanks stevio11. it kept happening on Saturday morning so I phoned up and the engineer had me switch it off so he could reset my service and told me to keep an eye on it for now. so far so good. I shall certainly try your suggestion if it happens again.

0 Kudos