HairyFacedHuman
Rising star
Message 31 of 46
Flag for a moderator

Re: tivo tuners not initiating

The 3 that spring to mind were...

1. Series Links+ Randomly Reorganising themselves

2. Suggestions stopped working

3. TiVo randomly did it's own thing for several minutes while watching tv, a recording or Netflix

There were more that I can't quite remember at the moment.

0 Kudos
MrsE34
On our wavelength
Message 32 of 46
Flag for a moderator

I assume it's supposed to be helpful, but I hate the automatic link to on demand whenever I record something. 

I can't think of anything else much though. And at least I can get rid of it with some effort. There's no workaround for the tuner issue. I'll certainly be calling to complain about the reduction in service.

I have had a lot of sound issues as well actually, I often have to turn it off and on again to get the sound back.

0 Kudos
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 33 of 46
Flag for a moderator

@HairyFacedHuman wrote:

The 3 that spring to mind were...

1. Series Links+ Randomly Reorganising themselves

2. Suggestions stopped working

3. TiVo randomly did it's own thing for several minutes while watching tv, a recording or Netflix

There were more that I can't quite remember at the moment.

1: I've had that happen to me a few times, and it is highly irritating, but not for a little while now.

2: Don't use suggestions so can't comment too much. But I'd guess this is dependent on the algorithms.

3: Er, ok.

@MrsE34 wrote:

I assume it's supposed to be helpful, but I hate the automatic link to on demand whenever I record something. 

What automatic link is that? The Catch-Up flag in the EPG? Or the second option down in a recorded show that goes to VOD/YouTube etc? I'm genuinely not sure what you mean by this, and am quite intrigued.

0 Kudos
chops
Rising star
Message 34 of 46
Flag for a moderator

Why is there no official reply from anyone working at VM to all these complaints and/or escalation of the problem to the software or network team responsible for this software revision ? Or is it just going to continue being rolled out to all areas regardless of all the complaints ?

MrsE34
On our wavelength
Message 35 of 46
Flag for a moderator

I mean when you record something it shows it as a folder, even though it's only one recording, because you can get other episodes on demand. It moves programmes out of date order because on demand has become available. And even when you've watched your show and deleted it, it pops up again, on demand.

I know you can go into your recording options and change to recordings only, but that's such a faff when I'm just quickly recording something. I find it annoying not helpful.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 36 of 46
Flag for a moderator

If you don’t want recordings and streaming, set your DEFAULT settings for series links to recordings only then you don’t need to make further changes.

Please note that once the defaults have been changed, they apply to new recordings and series links. Existing series links have to be individually changed.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

MrsE34
On our wavelength
Message 37 of 46
Flag for a moderator

I'll have a look and see if I can find where you do that. 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 38 of 46
Flag for a moderator

@MrsE34 wrote:

I'll have a look and see if I can find where you do that. 

@MrsE34

Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Recordings > Series Link+ and Recordings Options >

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
kayjayr
On our wavelength
Message 39 of 46
Flag for a moderator

How do you find what software version you are on please?

0 Kudos
kayjayr
On our wavelength
Message 40 of 46
Flag for a moderator

Mine updated yesterday morning in Manchester & I have the same problem so yes they're still it rolling out. I checked diagnostics to see the tuners & it was only showing the 0 one with a channel number etc but 1 & 2 tuner had no information at all so I set 3 programmes to records at the same time at 7pm, it started one & then my Tivo went off & started 'starting up' again & then all 3 tuners started recording but still couldn't see the 3 tuners when I pressed the right naviagation button, the other 4 options are there subtitles/audio description & can't remember the other 2 but the bottom one for tuners was still missing. I used this function alot for the same reason as previous comments, I watch soaps in delay & then rewind the other tuner so I can see the start of another soap.
0 Kudos