Menu
Highlighted
bazzace
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

tivo 6 installation

Today i was having my oomph upgrade, the vm tec came around , he seemed a little stressed and rushed and straightaway asked where my new tivo 6 was going, i showed him it was to replace the original tivo in a room just at the side of the house, he said he thought it wouldnt work as the new tech is more fussy than the older, in the end after a talk and him being very negative about fitting it and the time it would take i agreed to not have my old tivo replaced and he fitted my new 500 mbps  modem and left.

my laptop  has a download speed of around 50mbps in that room on wi-fi and around the same on my tp-link plug with built in ethernet connection, the pt-link is also a wi-fi extender and hotspot, the old tivo and smart tv have never had any problem connecting in said room, i'm just wondering if i succumbed a little to easily.

On another note the new 500mbps modem runs at around  180 to 400 mbps very random numbers my connection before that was a very steady 216 mbps i am hoping it settles in after it has time to do all its updating

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: tivo 6 installation

Your Tp link will probably be only rated at 500 which means your probbaly only going to get 50 through it, you would be better asking virgin for a free wifi booster to replace it as they will be faster

bazzace
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

thanks for the reply, i am quite happy with the  speed in that room, i quoted the speed more for any suggestions on why the  virgin media tec didnt want to install my new tivo 6 box in there to replace my old tivo box, the signal is quite strong but thanks i will enquire about a booster

0 Kudos
bazzace
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

just a quick update ,spoke to virgin media another and engineer came out today, new tivo 6 is in place and working with out any problem, he checked all cables replaced outside cable cover replaced some old leads for new ones, internet is now as fast as should be and very pleased with the tivo's, love the way the tivo 6 can play each others shows, am now a very very pleased customer again

0 Kudos