Menu
Highlighted
Bruno1992
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

stuck on 'starting up' screen

my box has been stuck on starting up screen for days randomly turning it’s self onto either tv for a hour or so or back to the welcome page then starting up again. I now have a arrow pointing down into a box on the tv. Everytime I call virgin and go through all the prerecorded options to pick they return with another prerecorded message about how they are sorry about problems in our area and cut me off!!! Yet out app says everything is great!!! Anyone with any ideas?? Thanks 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: stuck on 'starting up' screen

The box is trying to download an update & not succeeding.

The Forum Team here can book engineers but may take several days to respond.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Louise_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: stuck on 'starting up' screen

Hi Bruno1992,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting.
I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing an issue with the box being stuck on the starting up message.

I have located your account using your Forum details and I can see that you are currently affected by an SNR fault under reference F006328338. This fault means there is some noise on the cables and can cause an intermittent loss or a total loss of service.

The current review date for this is showing as the 23rd July.

If you are still experiencing this fault after the 23rd July please let us know so we can look into this further for you.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused by this.
Take care,
Louise
Forum Support Team

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

0 Kudos