Menu
vickyyates85
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

sky cinema content

hi, we have recently changed from sky to virgin. now, my problem is the sky cinema....  we have the VIP package with virgin, so are able to watch sky cinema through their app and access the on demand movies via our phones/pads etc. I have recently noticed that the films available through the app are more than what we can access vis the sky cinema on demand library. I have called virgin three times regarding his issue, been spoken to rudely, and asked for a manager to call me back, as the rudeness was so uncalled for by the lady on the phone, to be given three different excuses of... 'that's not possible' and 'its no necessary to have the same films available' to 'well some you just have to pay for'??? can anyone explain why some are on the app, and not on the tv? I am certainly not paying to watch a film that my daughter could watch on a pap or a phone for free

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: sky cinema content

Hi Vickyyates85,

Welcome to the community forums and thank you for your post. This does seem odd, are you able to detail which movies for example you have come accross that have been available through the Sky Cinema App but have not be able to access through our services?

Many thanks,

Louis

0 Kudos
vickyyates85
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I have only looked at the Disney bracket so far, as my 2 1/2 year old obviously loves a Disney film. So far I have noticed the following films are missing ...

Moana, cars3, finding nemo, the pricess and the frog.... at the top of the app it list 81 movies available, but if I count the movies on the Disney section on the tv, only 75, and the 'missing' films can only be watched if purchased through the virgin store???

seems a bit odd to have more available to watch via the app, than through the tv. Every person I have spoken to at virgin so far really doesn't seem to understand what I'm trying to say them, whilst also having a rude, interruptive manner about them. Surely the content available should be the same on both the app and the tv, as that's what I pay for right?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Vickyyates85,

This is due to a contractual restriction with Sky – there are a small number of movies Sky hold back for their own service, particularly Disney, and usually less than 10% of the full Disney catalogue.

It looks like they don’t hold these movies back on their own app, which our Sky Cinema subscribers can access, so that’s why this customer can see some extra movies in the Sky Cinema app, rather than being missing on the TV.

Many thanks,

Louis

0 Kudos
vickyyates85
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Louis,

Thankyou for you reply. Do you not think that this sort of information should be relayed to your customers who chose to pay the extra for sky? I have always presumed that by paying for this extra service, that we would be receiving the same package as sky customers? Seems to be very mis-leading. It has taken me 3 excruciating phone calls and now the forum chats, with different responses each time to find out as to why or why not I was not getting these films? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Tom_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi vickyyates85,

I can certainly appreciate your frustration with this. Apologies it has taken so much time to get hold of the required information.

I will make sure that your recommendations regarding this are passed on.

Thanks,

Tom_S

0 Kudos