Menu
JuMa
Joining in
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

reduced connectivity Vito and mobile

Since a few days prior to the connectivity issue identified on 14th May 2019, I have had significant issues with my Vito box AND mobile phone.  I contacted Virgin for help with the TV issues, who ran the usual test, only to be told there were no issues.  There were, and still are some loading issues despite almost continual reboots.

As for my mobile phone, sending and receiving text messages is still hit & miss or undeliverable!  These and similar problems are exactly why I changed my supplier to Virgin.  I had hoped Virgin, with it's dedicated cable network wouldn't present with these problems.  What is going on? Anyone else having similar difficulties?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: reduced connectivity Vito and mobile

Hi JuMa,

Welcome to the community forums and thank you for your post. We are very sorry to hear you are having these issues, firstly in relation to the TV are you having issues with online applications or just feature any feature? Also have you had a look into your connection settings to see if all is okay? Lastly have you checked all cables are secure into the back of your Tivo?

Many thanks,

Louis

0 Kudos
JuMa
Joining in
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

TV - issues occur when we try accessing catch up channels and recorded programmes. No remote function sounds, no sound when on play. Sometimes this can be rectified by rebooting the box but not always. I’ve checked and rechecked cables, plugs and sockets and all seems good.

Mobile - issues sending and receiving text messages is still on going, with the latest problem being last night. The phone said the message was sent (one very short message with no pictures) but was not received by the recipient. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for that information JuMa. 

Is this the sound coming through the TV or so you have a 3rd party sound system?

Is this text message issue happening with multiple numbers? 

^Martin

0 Kudos
JuMa
Joining in
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Martin,

TV - Sound directly from TV not through any additional equipment. TV has no issues otherwise.

Mobile - There doesn’t appear to be any pattern. Problem is intermittent with multiple numbers to android and iPhone devices.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Is it a V6 or TiVo® box you have?

What handset do you have? Where did you get the handset from? When did you get the handset?

^Martin

0 Kudos
JuMa
Joining in
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

My mobile hand set is an iPhone sX Max purchased from Virgin.

0 Kudos
JuMa
Joining in
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

TV box is a Vito 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator