Menu
SteveWillard
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

red and blue light on tivo box and stuck for hours on startup screen

Red and blue light on tivo box and stuck for hours on startup screen tried reseting many times checked all leads many times still no joy any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: red and blue light on tivo box and stuck for hours on startup screen

You could try a "hard reset":

Turn off the box using the the rocker switch at the back of the TiVo.

Then hold the + and standby buttons on the front of the TiVo and, while still holding the two buttons, turn the box back on at the rocker switch and wait till you (hopefully) see the welcome screen.

Keith

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

SteveWillard
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Keithse i dont have a + button on my tivo box any ideas red flashing light and blue solid turned off last night and back this morning still the same.
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Really sorry, I forgot which forum I was in and typed the V6 "hard reset" instructions instead of the TiVos.

I don't have any old TiVos anymore, but if I remember correctly, the way to do it is to switch it off at the back for 15/20 secs then switch back on and qucikly hold down the 'TV' & 'Down Arrow' & 'Rec' buttons together until the starting up screen appears - I think this might do a reformat though, which would mean you'd lose your recordings/settings/etc.

Your best bet at this stage may well be to call it in as a fault (call 150 from a VM phone, 0345 454 1111 from a non-VM phone).

Although they may well just say your TiVo needs replacing, which means you'd lose your recordings anyway . . .

Keith

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
SteveWillard
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi keithse yes i have tried this method at least ten times but still the red and blue light persist so sounds like it s time for a new box you think.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steve,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community.

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your Tivo.

I would like to invite you into a private chat so I can run some diagnostic checks and get this resolved for you, I will send you a request shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Kind regards

Paul..

0 Kudos