Menu
brendawest48
Tuning in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

recording from tivo to dvd & video

communicated with Josh about this last year as I stayed with my old TiVo box as I use a scart lead from video player to tivo and you cant on the tivo 6. Has this been resolved.thank you

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: recording from tivo to dvd & video

There are no plans to ever activate the scart socket on a v6

0 Kudos
brendawest48
Tuning in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

So this means that for me and others who record on DVD or videos that this box is unusable.So what happens when TiVo is unreplacable.?.

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

You will have to invest in extra equipment to allow you to record on DVD or stop recording on DVD.

Like many things technology moves on and its not cost efficient to enable certain features that the vast majority wont use
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

The V6 is, in itself, a recording box with plenty of capacity.

I'm not sure why you feel it necessary to make copies of recordings you already have.

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Poor quality copies at that
0 Kudos
brendawest48
Tuning in
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

The reason I record programmes is that we have a caravan were there is a very bad tv reception so we record shows and watch them at the van.I was going to buy a cable that would connect to the V6 and into the video but have been informed that the input on v6 is not connected.Any other advice please

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Have you used Virgin TV anywhere app? I don't personally use it but I believe you can download shows from your V6 to say a tablet and watch it later on.

0 Kudos
brendawest48
Tuning in
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

The caravan we have is very isolated so no WiFi available. To use tv anywere you need WiFi.I don' mind buying extra equipment as long as it works. We've even considered moving to sky as I've been told there boxes are suitable but thought I check if there was a way to record

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

@brendawest48wrote:

The caravan we have is very isolated so no WiFi available. To use tv anywere you need WiFi.I don' mind buying extra equipment as long as it works. We've even considered moving to sky as I've been told there boxes are suitable but thought I check if there was a way to record

SkyQ (which is now Sky's standard box for all new customers) also does not have any analogue outputs. The only difference is you have the ability to download some programmes to tablets & phones for viewing offline.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos