Menu
crooner
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

problems with tivo box

hi, first time on this forum , i got a Tivo upgrade from virgin for my old box i think it was called a V+ but i'm not sure , anyway this tivo box has been nothing but trouble firstly when your watching a program and at the bottom of the screen is a display telling you the channel and what your watching , well when that happens the program jumps sometimes as much as 5 minutes back & i'm having to fast forward to get to the part i was at ,( doesn't happen all the time) but when it does it's really annoying ,secondly it has started buzzing when changing channels & when watching a recording it buzzes at the end ,it didn't use to do that when i first got it & there has been no change to the tivo surroundings ,thirdly it is really slow when going into stv or bbc player ,my old box never gave me these problems

already posted on tech chatter by mistake

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: problems with tivo box

It's normal for that box to be extremely slow, if you don't have broadband your stuck with it but if you do have broadband the v6 box is a much better upgrade 

0 Kudos
crooner
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

thanks for your reply , i have broadband ,but i don't see why i should have to pay to get a V6 when it was virgin that insisted i take the upgrade , my old box was a lot better in many ways than this box . 

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hopefully you can get a v6 then

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Renan_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi crooner,

Welcome back to our community. Thanks for reaching out to us in this platform.

Apologies for the issue you're having with your box. I know how it affects your viewing pleasure which is really frustrating. Let's see how we can help. Can you talk us through exactly how you're box is connected to your TV and/or other devices? Are you experiencing it with any live TV or On Demand / Catch Up content? 

Hopefully, everything is all sorted now since your last post. Just let us know if you need anything.

Thanks,

Renan_G

0 Kudos
crooner
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Box to TV is with a hdmi cable nothing else connected 

the worse problem is when I'm watching live TV when there is a program starting the live TV rewinds sometimes as much as 5 min & I have to fast forward to get to where the program was

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Renan_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi crooner,

Thanks for the response. We'd like our team to check this for you. We can do this via online chat. Our team will do further diagnostics and replace the box if needed.

Feel free to get in touch with us.

Thanks,

Renan_G

0 Kudos
crooner
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Got a V6 box & what a difference in speed no buzzing a remote that doesn't have a mind of its own,  I'm now a happy customer 

0 Kudos
JakeOff
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I once had a similar problem, but now everything is working, I hope that the developers have fixed it.

KMPlayer http://kmplayer.ideaprog.download/ is the best free media player
0 Kudos