cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

possible to go back to an older style box and remote?

Teekay2
On our wavelength

Hi, We have just upgraded from our very old tivo box to tv360.
We are seniors and my wife has hearing and sight problems and the television is very important to her. The new remote,menus etc. have completeley thrown her and she is unable to manage them.This is very distressing for her. Does anyone know if it is possible to go back to an older style box and remote and would they have the older style menus.
Any help much appreciated. Teekay2

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm sorry to say, but a migration from TiVo/V6 > 360 is a one-way trip and there is no option to revert.

It doesn't help you now, but you could have upgraded from a TiVo to a V6 which runs the exact same software as the TiVo box, but on the same newer hardware (i.e. physical box) as the 360.

Unfortunately, once you've moved to 360 there is no going back.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Welcome to the community @Teekay2 and thanks for taking the time to post on our forums.

Unfortunately, i can only confirm the same as @japitts has done, you cannot return back to previous versions of the TV box, once you have upgraded to our 360 services. 

Regards,

Steven_L 

Teekay2
On our wavelength

We have now downgraded to a V6 box.Two lessons to be learnt from this. one: Don’t automatically accept apparently authorative answers on the forum. two: Don’t settle for the first virgin customer service agents reply. Keep trying. I persevered and got a really nice man who made the extra effort to do it for us. Thanks to him my wife is now able to enjoy the television again.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Teekay2 wrote:

We have now downgraded to a V6 box.Two lessons to be learnt from this. one: Don’t automatically accept apparently authorative answers on the forum. two: Don’t settle for the first virgin customer service agents reply. Keep trying. I persevered and got a really nice man who made the extra effort to do it for us. Thanks to him my wife is now able to enjoy the television again.

For a limited period. The TiVO platform will slowly be phased out over the next couple of years as Virgin’s agreement to use the firmware comes to an end. The new 360 platform belongs to Virgin’s new American owners, & they are not going to continue paying out to a third party for something they have invested millions in themselves. I too am hanging on to my V6 platform boxes, but I know the inevitable will happen not too far down the road.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks