Menu
chippy419
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

poor customer services

I have one question does virgin media want new customers, virgin media have just laid cables in the road I live at s636pa and the website now says services are availeable I have now tried to phone them 4 times and every time im put on hold for over 30 minutes then disconnected the reason I havnt put a order in there are several questions need answering one being the route the supply will take into my home and feel I need to talk to someone face to face regarding this I have seen cars with virgin on the side on the estate how do I get someone to call without these questions answered I feel I cannot switch from bt to virgin media I have chatted to someone online who said he could not help tried to phone and would have sent them a email but they don't advertise one, this in itself poses the question do you want new customers and also if you are not availeable now and something goes wrong how would things be rectified. 

Forum Team (Retired) Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: poor customer services

Hi chippy419

Thanks for getting in touch 🙂

I'm sorry you're having issues connecting to us when you are trying to arrange this at the time of your post.

I can see you have since been connected with us which is great!

Pop back and let us know if you need anything else and welcome to Virgin Media 😄

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
chippy419
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

hi karen yes now connected only getting 44 at present which is less than I got with bt but it is only the first 3 hrs will let it settle down for a couple of days going through the setups and check again then.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Josh_RW
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi chippy419,

Thanks for getting back to us!

How has it been since posting? Are you getting better speeds now?

Speak soon

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
chippy419
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

im now getting 220 but my argument is I bought the vip package I phoned several times asked for updated contract to include the soundbar offer and why I am only on 200 not the 350 advertised on the vip package and was promised confirmation I did receive a email saying the soundbar had been included after several reminders but havnt received a new contract or a reason I was given the 200 speed not 350. your customer services are abroad and they are not fluent in English especially the Yorkshire dialect even though  200 is fast I ordered the vip package with the 350 speed I even spoke to the salesman who brushed it off saying I would in time receive the 350 but original contract  specifically said 200 if 350 was going to be availeable it should have had it included in the contract the origin contract isn't now availeable and under legal advice I have been told I have grounds to cancel somehow the people I have spoke to seem to fail to understand I was misold the package im paying for the 350 that was advertised to be included in the vip package when I could have picked a lower package and still receive 200 at a lower price than the vip package and still have full tv. Virgin do not have a email address to communicate with them I feel this could have solved everything you are my last attempt to sort things before I make a official complaint in writing to you and involving the ombudsman, virgins global customer services may be lower cost to them but it is hard work, the tv service is good and because of that I want to stay but virgin should keep to their advertisements im sure if I could have spoke to someone who wanted to understand me this could have been sorted early doors yes even now I could end it under the 14 day rule but I have tried to sort  it. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

If you are able to send me a private message with the following details I can take a look at this for you:

• Your postcode and house number
  • The full name on the account
  • Confirm if you are the account holder

Thanks

Nathan B

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
willymarsh
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Trouble as they actually outsource their customer service, VM simply dont care. They were fined £13 million last year by Ofcom for over charging customers. Their customer service agents simply are NOT interested in what you have to say because they are NOT VM and it does not affect them. They lie to customers about the first bill!!! I was told my first bill would be just £52, that was a lie, now they want £129.00 just like that, two months upfront and £25 activation charge which was Installation renamed because they said that they would not charge me Installation.

I have decide to cancel my DD and now am moving to BT!!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi willymarsh, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry for any confusion there has been over the billing. We do take the bills a month in advance, so your first bill would usually be a double one.

I agree this should have been advised to you before hand so you knew what to expect.

I'm not able to see the details over this post so I'll pop you over a private message so I can take a closer look at things (little purple envelope in the top tight hand corner)

Kind regards, 

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos