Menu
peterc95
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

online led flashing on tivo and unable to run online services

Occasionally the online led flashes on my TiVo unit and I am unable to run any of the online services (BBC i player etc..). Also when running BBC iplayer or itv player it is usually very slow to start . Does anyone have a solution to this?

0 Kudos
jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: online led flashing on tivo and unable to run online services

its offline which means its not running so you cant watch anything if its flashing you have to wait till it stops then try again or you have issues or faulty box which needs looking at
0 Kudos
peterc95
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

So if the flashing becomes more often there is probably a fault with the box

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

peterc95 wrote:

So if the flashing becomes more often there is probably a fault with the box

Not necessarily.  The flashing online light usually indicates an issue at VM's end or an issue with the signal levels to your TiVo box.  If it happens frequently the best thing to do is report a TV fault and they will check the signal levels remotely and if necessary book an engineer visit for you.  One thing to check for yourself is that the VM cable is tightly connected to your box.

jonathanlouis
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

check graham a answer he might be correct with what he is saying but do check your connection lead the white cable lead which fixes to the back box and make sure its fastened and not to tight thats only advice we can give u or come back on here for more help