Menu
4wheels
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

one film in HD has low sound - red sparrow

anyone have any problems watching Red Sparrow in HD?

for some reason the sound levels are all off. overall its quiet, then if you turn it up the music is loud and the voices quiet. only in HD, and only this one film!

i had a LG TV connected to a Sony amp.. its not new stuff, had it ages. its just this one film... tried lots of things.. any ideas?!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: one film in HD has low sound - red sparrow

Hi 4wheels

Thank you for posting on our community pages. 

We are sorry to hear about this volume issue. We appreciate that this must be very frustrating.  

Are you able to channel away from the programme concerned and then return using the “arrow up and down” buttons.

We would also suggest performing a reboot of the set top box by holding down the standby button on the front of the box for at least 5 seconds and then release.

0 Kudos
4wheels
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

hi

its an ondemand film, so going to a diff channel wont work. 

i tried turning the whole box off and on again via the wall plug. no effect.

any ideas?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
japitts
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I saw this film via a past recording a week or so back, and while I can't recall specifics.. I do remember thinking the sound mixing within the actual show could well be as you describe. When the TV is free I'll try the VOD version again and see if I get the same.

Edit: Just tried it via VOD in SD & HD (the Sky Cinema "Most Popular" section only shortcutted to SD, I had to browse round to find HD, which is odd but another issue) - yes, I think it's just the movie soundtrack, dialogue is just quiet.

0 Kudos
4wheels
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

thanks, nice to know im not going mad, and it isnt my system setup!

0 Kudos