cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

old tivo box

bowman104
Tuning in

I have an old tivo box in my bedroom (was in the living room but that was upgraded to a v6) It struggles to run Netflix and there is no ultra HD channel.

is ther a way to replace the very old tivo with a v6?   

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can ask Virgin Media if they'll swap it, but the most reliable way of getting a "yes" is by doing this as part of a contract renegotiation. In other words, you're asking VM to swap perfectly serviceable (yes, everyone knows TiVo's are old and slow, but....) kit for new kit - they'll likely want something in exchange, so offer them a new 18month minimum term.

Expect to get a sales pitch on a conversion to 360, but do your homework and be aware of the (substantial) differences between the two platforms before accepting that. 360 is not TiVo. Not to mention your TiVo being swapped for a mini-box if you convert directly, and you losing the hard drive on the second box.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

That's what I thought I would have to do.

Been on the phone/computer/ WhatsApp all day and been given the run-around to the point where I am seriously considering leaving.

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @bowman104,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.

I have been able to check on our system and can see that you have been able to get a new V6 box sent out to you, since you last post.

I hope that everything is now ok with the box and you have been able to run Netflix and the UHD content.

Please let us know if you have any further issues.

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi.

Have got it sorted for now but it took forever to get someone in customer support to understand what I wanted.

In the end they offered me a new contract at a better price BUT what that failed to tell me at any point in the conversation (I have it all saved on WhatsApp) was that after 18 months it would go up by £50 !!!

This is a joke, if I have to go through all this crap again just to talk to someone I'm off to a new supplier.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @bowman104

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Sorry to hear about your issue, glad to hear you've managed to get this resolved and my apologies you're unhappy.

Our complaints code of practice can be found here

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs