Menu
hkem
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

new installation..set top box hung on update

Hi..I am new Virgin customer. Installation on 22nd July 2019. Set top box has gone into the message saying updating box, step 1 of 3. Been like it for hours now. Plus I seem to be getting erratic download speeds from new Hub 3 (and when running line speed check..internet goes down)

Any help please. I've tried all the suggested resets..no difference

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Wise owl
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: new installation..set top box hung on update

Hi phone and go down the Tv faults route and insist an engineer be sent to sort it out. Regards Micky 

hkem
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi, Yes.."senior engineer" coming to check installation Thursday morning...hard faults coming all the time. Phone gone down now. I think they may have to start again! I can get internet via hub wireless...but any TP link extenders hang, and wireless speed erratic (can suddenly drop from 96Mbps to 12 Mbps)

Let's see what Thursday brings

Cheers H

0 Kudos
hkem
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Different engineer arrived Thursday as arranged (and on time). After the usual shaking of head, and a lot of tut tutting when inspecting th einstallation that was carried out on Monday, he re-did all of the installation and now it all works a treat. Phone not working was down to incorrect filter on back of hub.

Happy now, but less than impressed with the first attempt.

H

0 Kudos