Menu
dymjim
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

iplayer buffering

Followed your advice 3 times since you suggested it but still buffering, I was under the impression that virgin was the one to have for speed, not sure I should have stuck with sky. Have an engineer coming on Thursday so hopefully the hands on approach will do the trick.

0 Kudos
jb66
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: iplayer buffering

BBC Iplayer buffering on the Tivo has been an issue for years, a local technician cant fix it either. If it was a signal fault it would buffer on all catchup not just BBC
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Given that you have posted several times regarding problems with your service, TV and broadband, then perhaps the problem is larger than just iPlayer and, hopefully, the engineer will be able to sort things out.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

While you wait for the engineer, test i player on pc or tablet. See if you get the same buffering issue on all devices, or not.useful evidence either way

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi dymjim,

I'm sorry that you have been experiencing a problem with your BBC iPlayer app buffering on your TiVo®. As an engineer was booked in, this indicates that tests were showing a problem on the line.

Checking into this, I can see that the engineers have been out. Has this fixed the issue you were having with your service?

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Running out of data? Check out our top Mobile data tips

0 Kudos
Skydancer
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

BBC iPlayer buffering and slow TV Guide on the TiVo box can NOT be fixed by engineers. It is a design fault. You need the new V6 box.

Don't waste time with tech support. They are clueless and just read from a script (except one that I just happen to connect to who told me about the fix). 

I was on the verge of leaving for Sky but decided to complain in writing. I eventually received the new V6 box and can testify the issue has vanished into thin air! 

0 Kudos