Menu
hotlurve
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

f1 ch 4 not recorded from an existing series link

last sunday 6th sept f1 ch 4 not recorded even though series link has been fine for ages. looking at recording hiccups there are 4 entries all saying duplicate. all says the episode was not recored as it appeared in my shows or my planned recordings in the last 28 days of this broadcast..... clearly its a different “episode” so what went wrong? and why is there 4 attempts in the list. series settings are..

recordings only

from year 1

record new only

ch all

hd.  if possible

keep 25 recordings till space needed

anything wrong there??? its been working fine for ages till yesterday

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: f1 ch 4 not recorded from an existing series link

How many episodes showed as duplicate? There should have been (depending where in the country you are) C4, C4+1, C4-HD, C4-AD?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
hotlurve
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

yes this is the case .. so i should change the series link to not record all but to record just one channel.... ie 4 hd only

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Logically, one showing should have recorded and the others binned as duplicates. The first-aired dates and other EPG data looks good to me here (Bristol area) so that all got missed is odd.

If you set your SL to be channel-specific, then yes that would force the box into one particular showing. But remove the option of getting an alternative slot if your chosen channel isn't available by virtue of unavailable tuners.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

hotlurve
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

my thoughts entirely, which is why i had all selected on the basis that if one doesn't record the next will ! maybe they all cancelled each other out, who knows. i ended up watching the sky highlights but its never as good as ch 4. perhaps i will never know now. I think il set it back to all channels as before and take a chance... its always been ok up until last week.

cheers anyway

0 Kudos