Menu
steve8669
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

error code 7400

I joined virgin 2 months ago with the package that gave me 2 boxes and the engineer programmed both when he set up the system.  As i had only just moved in i did not know at that time where i wanted the 2nd box so he left me cable and a 3 way joiner and told me to replace the 2way joiner with the 3 way one when i was ready to fit the 2nd box,  I fitted the box today and am getting the error code. checking on line the code means it is not activated, but i dont understand that as it was activated when the engineer was here and i have the package for 2 units.  Plus i am dissapointed with the BB speed as i am only achieving approx 80-90 download but paying for 350 download,  if they cant supply above 100 why should i be paying for a service that cant be achieved?  The BB speed info has been obtained by speedtest.net.

0 Kudos
KeithLeonard
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: error code 7400

As you haven't used the box and it hasn't been connected to the Virgin Media Network for a long period of time, the box has been deactivated ftom your account.

You have no other option but to phone in and get the box reactivated 

steve8669
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin have at last fixed the issue.

They were adament that the box was allocated to my account and refused to send out a replacement box but sent an engineer instead.  Good job it was only a recent install otherwise i would have had second thoughts, due to call out charges.  Long and short of it is, engineer turned up, same guy who did the install, went through the same process as i went through with technical services, only difference was that he had spare new boxes on his van, he plugged in a new box, gave the accounts department a ring to add this box to my account and remove the faulty one and all worked fine.

The engineer is blaming the accounts / admin / tech guys because they kept trying to reset my account whilst the box was doing re-installs and its data path got corrupt.

anyway, i have a new box and all is working again.

Thank you one and all

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi steve8669, 

Thanks for letting us know this matter has now been resolved after our technician installed a new box. 

If you need any further support going forward then be sure to give us a shout. 

Have a great weekend 🙂 

Dean C 

0 Kudos