cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error code 7400

terry27
On our wavelength

i had a recent email asking me to upgrade to 500mb for an extra £0.50 a month took advantage of the offer and my broadband was increased to 500 mb, but on checking my contract which is not ongoing, i find my second bedroom box has been deactivated with error code 7400 ,have phoned 150 a few times but after 30 minutes i got fed up and hung up is anybody on the forum able to advise or take direct action on my behalf , cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

.Error 7400 is usually because the box has either been deactivated (not used for around 30 days)  or is a new box that hasn't been activated yet.

It sounds like you need to call 0800 953 9500 to re-activate the box. You will need the box serial number, and your account number and area code.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

.Error 7400 is usually because the box has either been deactivated (not used for around 30 days)  or is a new box that hasn't been activated yet.

It sounds like you need to call 0800 953 9500 to re-activate the box. You will need the box serial number, and your account number and area code.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @terry27,

Many thanks for your recent post! Sorry to hear that your second box had been de-activated. 

Just to confirm, how did you sign up for the new deal - was this via your online account?

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Terry,

Thank you for coming back to me and for the update, glad to hear both your issues look like they have been resolved, please come back if you have any further issues with your set top box now your software has been updated. 

Regards

Paul.