cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error Code 7400

Chipster2015
Tuning in

Hi there,

can anyone assist me, I had a TiVo box on a 12 months contract, recently changed my contract. Over the last few months, the box had a code 7400 on it, I tried everything it says to online and no joy in fixing. I have recently had a new box sent as an upgrade, set this up at the weekend and exactly the same issue!! Again, tried all ways to reset but it does not work and just goes round and round in circles online!! Not good.

regards 

5 REPLIES 5

Z92
Trouble shooter

Have you rung customer services to activate your new box?

It'll say that code until it's been activated by VM as it won't be allowed on the network until then.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As another poster has mentioned, Error 7400 is an activation error and all the online advice I'm aware of, would recommend you call into VM (0800 9539500) to activate the equipment - have you done this?

@Chipster2015 wrote:

I have recently had a new box sent as an upgrade, set this up at the weekend and exactly the same issue!!

I'm a bit confused here though - is this new box a swap? Or an additional one? Remember if you want to have multiple boxes in your home simultaneously, you'll need a multiroom subscription. Otherwise only the one box will work, and any others will (correctly) give error 7400.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi there,

Thank you for your reply, appreciated. This error started on the old box though about 3months ago! Have virgin done something when changing contract?

Regards

Hi there,

The new box is one after an email was received from virgin saying our old box was out of date and would stop working! Funny thing is that the new is exactly the same as the old one!!

But the error code appeared approx 3months ago on the old box before changing at the weekend! 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Quite a few things potentially in there!

Firstly - which boxes are we talking about? Check https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-box which shows all of VM's current TV boxes. If it's not one of those, then it'll likely be the old non-recording V-HD boxes that are indeed long-since unsupported.

All new kit that's sent out, has a grace period during which it "should" power up and activate of its own accord. If any box is left either unactivated or disconnected for an extended period, then this period can expire, the equipment can "drop off" and cause the symptoms you've described.

The resolution is to call Virgin on 0800 9539500 - preferably with the box serial numbers handy to avoid confusion - and they should be able to send/re-send activation hits to the correct equipment.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks