Menu
Jude2
Dialled in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

c133 Error code

Got up this morning to find I have C133 Error code on my tv, I can watch live tv as well as recordings, however I can't watch On Demand or Catchup.  I tried to force a connection and it seems to fail on Negotiating a Connection to the Network.  I have rebooted the box and it's still happening.  Any one else have this problem, meaning it's VM, or is it just me?  

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: c133 Error code

Are you using a TiVo or a V6? Check here if you're not sure.

As per https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/c133 this error is often connectivity related and the two boxes connect differently.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Jude2
Dialled in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

its a TIVO.  Also I've checked the Service Status and there doesn't seem to be anything in the area. But like I said I have live tv.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

What happens when you follow the advice in step 2 of the error page link?

On the same screen, your connection status is reported in the top-right. What is shown?

Do you have any flashing lights on the front-left of your TiVo?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Jude2
Dialled in
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

When I try and force a connection, it goes through Preparing to connect, the seems to take a really long time on Negotiating a connection, then fails.  There are no Flashing lights at all.

0 Kudos
sulind
Joining in
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Error code C133

Getting en error code C133 this morning in my Tivo. Have re booted box and no difference. Checked my area code for issues and it says there aren`t any.

Help please.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

On the same screen, your connection status is reported in the top-right. What is shown?

0 Kudos
Jude2
Dialled in
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I'm not near the TV at the moment, but from what I remember this morning when I followed the instrustions from the Virgin Help webpage.  The connection status had Ethernet IP: (with a lot of Numbers and Letters) obvs an IP address, as well as a MAC IP:  (with a lot of numbers and Letters)  obvs a IP Address.  Sorry if this isn't helping, but like I said I'm not near the TIVO box at the moment. 

0 Kudos
Jude2
Dialled in
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error code C133

I have the same problem, so I think its a nationwide problem.  I was thinking it was just me, when the service status said that there were no problems in my area.  But now as you have the same problem, i'm thinking its nationwide.  Just checking, are you able to watch live tv, and also do you have any flashing lights on the box? Do you know what area you live in?  Mine is Area 25 (just checking if its an area problem)

0 Kudos
sulind
Joining in
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Error code C133

Morning Jude........good to hear I`m not the only one. Area code 20, no flashing lights and can watch live tv and recordings. Only certain services that I can`t access like info on series links that I need to check.

0 Kudos