Menu
Wolfiebaby
Joining in
Message 1 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Youtube stuttering

The past couple of days the YouTube app has been stuttering it is really starting to be annoying. Can someone help me? 

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Re: Youtube stuttering

Hi have you tried rebooting the box, that may solve the problem.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Wez2025
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Same issue here 

restarting box does nothing 

restarting internet does nothing ( youtube works fine on the same connection on any other device) 

The youtube app on virgin media service  is broken 

only 1 month ago it would randomly just change video after 2 seconds but only on your service not on youtube desktop or xbox app or anything 
now its constantly stopping because videos on the app will not bother buffering 

and before you say its my internet or my box its not its on multiple boxes and friends at other homes also this person in the forum 

so please do some work and actually check the youtube app on the box and UPDATE IT, it's an issue on your side virgin media 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 27
Flag for a moderator

Hi there, thanks for your post.

Sorry for any trouble you've had with the YouTube app.

As a reboot of the box doesn't help, have you been able to check for related known issues on our service status page: virg.in/service? If you sign in from there you can also run tests on your equipment which may offer a solution.

If there's nothing communicated that could be causing the problem don't hesitate to let us know so we can take a further look.

Alternatively you can text our cable-care team on 07533051809 (Mon - Sat 8am - 8pm) or give us a call on 150/ 0345 454 1111.

Tom_F

0 Kudos
Highlighted
dgxpert
Dialled in
Message 5 of 27
Flag for a moderator

I've also noticed on my TiVo V6 box when playing a YouTube video in 4K it works OK for a couple of minutes then starts to stutter and drop frames really badly as though the box is thermal throttling, as it does cause the box to get red hot when playing in 4K. If I let the box cool down for a while then lower the resolution to 1080p it does't stutter.

0 Kudos
Wolfiebaby
Joining in
Message 6 of 27
Flag for a moderator

I went through all the checks with virgin and got some reason they wanted to change her my TiVo box completely. I have no idea why. So what i did was change it to 720 and it works now. I don't understand how it was the box when it only started happening a week prior and was fine before that week. 

0 Kudos
jaybee
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 27
Flag for a moderator

This is stuttering on both my V6 TiVo boxes when playing 1080p YouTube videos. Tested using wired gigabit connection and wireless. It's not a buffering or slow internet issue as if you check, there is still loads of video in the buffer indicated by the white bar. It's an issue with the youtube app on the virgin box specifically. Please fix this as it has rendered YouTube unusable.

0 Kudos
Corrie-Jane
Joining in
Message 8 of 27
Flag for a moderator

This is s really frustrating issue. It is driving us mad. Please let us know what is happening with this. 

0 Kudos
nadessico
Tuning in
Message 9 of 27
Flag for a moderator

having the same issue here tool.

0 Kudos
Wolfiebaby
Joining in
Message 10 of 27
Flag for a moderator

so clearly if a lot of people are having this issue, it is not the tivo boxes it must be the app its self. 

0 Kudos