Menu
Misty34
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Youtube down

For the past 3 days Youtube search function wasn't available (no keyboard in the search tab). Now from last night Youtube doesn't work at all. If I try to go to it, it takes extra long, it finally gets on to the main screen, then after a beat, it kicks me straight out. The same this morning, get's in, then kicked straight out.

I've tried restarting the whole box, no joy. Everything else works fine, channels, Netflix etc, just Youtube doesn't work for some reason.

0 Kudos
aliasrichmond
Just joined
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Youtube down

Same problem...called support Friday they said issue will be fixed in 24 hours....still can't access

Misty34
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that, misery loves company 🙂

0 Kudos
Misty34
Joining in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

You had any luck with yours aliasrichmond? Mine is still down. Same thing can get in then it crashes me straight out, and no search option still.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Misty34,

Sorry to hear of the YouTube issue. Is everything now resolved? If not, is there any updates listed on our status page here that can explain this?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Misty34
Joining in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Youtube is working, albeit slower than usual, but still no search function. I can only view things I've previously watched, or recommended items. On the search tab there is no 'keyboard' to search.

Ran a service status check, no issues. It's just Youtube, everything else working just fine.

This post seems to be the same issue - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-V6/No-search-box/td-p/4027766/page/3

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

That seems odd.

Can you try this for me on the box;

Home, help and settings, settings, network, connect to the Virgin Media network now.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Misty34
Joining in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Ok did that.

Went through all the steps ok, all ticked. Was then on the last step, loading, for about 18 minutes, then got the tick to say it was done.

I checked Youtube after that, still the same. So I turned it all off, restarted the whole system, then checked again, still the same.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Can you send me a screenshot? I've just checked it here and everything should be fine.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Misty34
Joining in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

IMG_0457.JPG

0 Kudos