Menu
Stanleyroad
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Youtube app

The app will play 1 music video. When a second one plays there is no sound, this happens every time I use the app and is very annoying, it may affect whether I renew my contract at the end of the year. I look forward to your response and help. Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Youtube app

Hello Stanleyroad

Sorry to hear about this issue 

Are you still having the same issues since your post 

Can you get back to me please on here 

Regards Gareth_L Forums Team 

0 Kudos
Stanleyroad
Joining in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Yes I still have the problem

0 Kudos
Stanleyroad
Joining in
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Also when I go back to normal tv there is no sound. I have to turn the tele off and start again......really annoying, your assistance asap would be most welcome

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Rose_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stanleyroad,

Welcome to the community.

I have tried to check your V6 but it's currently showing offline so I'd just like to confirm if it's switched on at the moment?

Speak soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Stanleyroad
Joining in
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

It's been turned on since we got the Box originally months and months ago!

These replies are pointless, I tell you the problem and days later you ask me a simple question, which just delays the opportunity to solve the issue. This has happened a couple of times now. Most companies have live on line conversations  with customers

I am losing patience with Virgin, please ring me on 

Regards

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired) Rose_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stanleyroad,

Thanks for the reply.

As you have contacted us over the forum then there may be a delay in getting back to you as this isn't a live chat service.

We do however offer a live chat service on our contact us page here where you will be able to have a one to one chat with our team.

We will need to run through certain diagnostics before we can provide a solution so since the box hasn't been switched off for months please reboot your superhub and Virgin box by the mains and test the app again to see whether this is still happening.

Hope to hear from you soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Stanleyroad
Joining in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I have now waited over 40 mins on the live chat site, where I was told it would be seconds.....I am not happy at all and am being left with very little options of how to proceed?

0 Kudos
Stanleyroad
Joining in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I eventually got through to the live chat 65 min wait, after 20 mins of I've chat he couldn't resolve the issue and put me through to a phone line. She asked me to cancel live chat which I did. She then said she would connect me to another phone line after 3 or 4 seconds the line cut off. I could not speak to live chat as she had asked me to end that. I am more frustrated than ever with Virgin.....don't know what to do now......maybe go back to SKY?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Craig_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

HI Stanleyroad

I'm really sorry for the problems you've been experiencing with your Youtube application recently.

Testing the box from our end shows no errors, do you find that this issue occurs at certain times of the day or at all times? Are you getting any issues with your On Demand / Catch Up content at the moment? Are the videos you're seeing this issue occur with from a certain channel in particular or any Youtube channel? 

Talk soon

Craig

0 Kudos