Menu
Highlighted
mattlee1972
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Yellow Light

Had 2 TiVo boxes installed yesterday but the one in the lounge is now displaying a yellow light and is not functioning at all. I hope this is not a sign of what is to come with virgin media.

0 Kudos
Cueball99
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Yellow Light

I assume as you have an orange light you have V6 boxes rather than Tivo boxes.

First try a reset.  If that doesn't work call up and report a fault. Are you seeing anything onscreen?

If it doesn't come back you can always swap them round so you have TV in the lounge until it's fixed.

I've been with Virgin for years and it's been pretty faultless to be fair.

0 Kudos
mattlee1972
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I’d read up that the light means that the box has basically had it.

Customer services meant I was put through to an Indian call centre who were unable to fix or diagnose the fault and I will have an engineer visit Saturday.

Not an ideal start to my contract and I shall expect Virgin media to compensate me accordingly.

0 Kudos
Cueball99
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You'll only get compensation for every 24 hours the box is down once the problem has been reported, and you ask for it.

Automatic compensation comes in later this year I believe.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Craig_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi mattlee1972

Welcome to Virgin Media and welcome to the Community, I'm very sorry for the problems you've been experiencing with one of your set top boxes so soon after it being installed. 

I'm glad to hear that you've arranged for a member of the team to take a look though, we'd love to hear how that appointment went and will be here should you need any assistance or support moving forward.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos