Menu
Phil360relo
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

WiFi tv hd

Our WiFi keeps dropping out. V6 box shows green light but when we call customer support they run the test which shows no fault. Have tried to make a complaint through online and as yet 3 weeks on no one has made contact. TV also has issues where the he Chanels are in watchable due to pixilation. All cables are high end and in place. At the moment we are thinking of leaving VM as no one will answer or try to sort these issues.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi tv hd

Please navigate as follows on your V6:

Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network > View Network Status >

and report the following:

Link Status

Signal strength

Connection Speed

What is this green light on your V6 - I’m unaware there is one? V6 network issues display orange LEDs.

Significant pixelation is generally due to the incoming cable signal being out of spec and requires a visit to fix.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Phil360relo
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

the info you requested:

Link Status - connected 2.4ghz

Signal strength - 100%

Connection Speed -104 mbps

The green light I mentioned was actually on the router not the V6 box. When the broadband drops out we either get a constant green WiFi symbol or internet light or sometimes it is both. It normally comes back on after about 5-10 minutes but there are times we have had to reboot the hub.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I would suggest you request Virgin Media visit to review and correct the incoming signals to both broadband router and TV box.

In addition, I would consider changing the WiFi connection to your V6 to the 5GHz band. This should be achievable, given the signal strength shown by the 2.4GHz connection. This should considerably increase the V6 connection speed (for apps). My connection speed is 866 Mbps.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Phil360relo
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks,

we have been trying to get VM to come out but they run the online test and say nothing is wrong so won’t send an engineer.

thats the reason we are thinking of leaving. Been with VM for a long time now and the customer service is the worst it has ever been. We can only get through to automated help desk, and as I mentioned in my original post we even used the online complaint where they are meant to call you, that was over 3 weeks ago and still heard nothing.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Go via Retentions aka ‘thinking of leaving’, explaining your situation, and request an engineer visit.

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Phil360relo
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Tried that.

all they did was boost the signal 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Phil360relo,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear about what has happened. 

Have you had chance to speak with the team again since?

^Martin

0 Kudos
Phil360relo
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

We had an engineer visit today and it turns out the signal splitter was not earthed.

he has also arranged for another engineer to come back Monday to check the cable in to the house as he feels this also may need to be replaced.

thanks for your assistance 

0 Kudos