Menu
abs4190
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

WiFi dropping out every few seconds.

This is getting really annoying not.. Family are on my case because the WiFi is dropping and reconnecting all the time... I've bought a new router to use the SH3 in modem mode and this worked well for a few weeks until it stopped working with the router suddenly.  I've reset the SH3 numerous times and disconnected the new router. I think the SH3 could be at fault as it cannot hold a connection at all. Can someone in customer services arrange a replacement to be sent out to give me a break from my family... Please...!

0 Kudos
Cueball99
Rising star
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: WiFi dropping out every few seconds.

Are wired devices dropping out too? Have you put the hub 3 into router mode again to rule out the new router?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Ben_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there. 

Really sorry to hear about these issues.

Just to confirm. Does this affect your wired connections as well? 

Have you tried resetting the 3rd party router you've been using to see if this helps at all? 

Thanks

Ben_N

0 Kudos
abs4190
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I've reset the new router and started everything from scratch. I set the sh3 in modem mode to try and use my new router as my main source.  All was working well in modem mode and I was happy with my DLink Dir 878 router. For some reason it all stopped working a couple of days ago.

I can't seem to get my DLink to work with the SH3 in modem mode so I've reverted to using the SH3 in router mode again.. Seems ok today.

However I still want to be able to use my new router instead of the SH3. I can't figure out what in doing wrong. I've gone through all the settings and boot up procedure.  

I disabled DCHP in my DLink settings but the internet globe on the DLink is not lit up, so no internet!  

Connections to the routers are with ethernet to LAN. Can anyone please help with this. Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Ben_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ah that's not good. 

Have you tried different ethernet cables/ports?

Thanks

Ben_N

0 Kudos