Menu
Zojane1710
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Why is on demand so unreliable?

Every time we want to watch something. A binge on a box set or catch up or sometimes netflix. We always lose network.... this is currently unavailable.... all the time 

0 Kudos
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Why is on demand so unreliable?

@Zojane1710 wrote:

Every time we want to watch something. A binge on a box set or catch up or sometimes netflix. We always lose network.... this is currently unavailable.... all the time 

Assuming you have a TiVo with an inbuilt network connection rather than a V6 that connects to your VM broadband... what did faults-CS say when you reported it to them?

You can check for existing faults in your area at https://my.virginmedia.com/faults/service-status but depending what error messages you get when you try to use VOD, this is probably a fault unique to your box and likely needs a tech out to check your setup physically.

0 Kudos
Blakeich
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Actually I'm having the same problem at the moment. Keep getting error 319 it's driving me insane. 

Zojane1710
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It's ridiculous I have enquired so many times they keep running tests saying the equipment is fine service is fine. But whenever I'm in the middle of watching anything I lose network.... and have to wait to reconnect I must get 4 or 5 different error codes every time.

0 Kudos
Blakeich
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Well your lucky cause I cannot even get to start anything never mind it interupt me. Question is your light on your broadband hub flashing? 

0 Kudos
Zojane1710
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No but when it does flash that's when I lose connection. But its not hub. Tivo has its own network. It's the TiVo that loses connection 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Tom_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Zojane1710, welcome to our community forums.

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with the On Demand services. Have you been able to check whether you experience the same issue if the TiVo is connected to the hub via an ethernet connection? This will allow us to determine if it is a general VOD issue you're experiencing or an issue with your TiVo's connection to our services.

Thanks,

Tom_S

0 Kudos
MrsE34
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I'm starting to hate on demand! It's so hit and miss. It's not been available at all today, I checked and there are no issues in the area. I don't understand, do they want me to leave Virgin or something?! I don't think it's anything to do with the internet connection cause that works ok. I don't think it's my box either, as loads of other people have the same issue, besides, why would it be intermittent? Wouldn't it be constant?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Are the issues you are having listed here? virg.in/service ^JF

0 Kudos